• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Intel iSBC 386/AT or MicroSystem/AT 301 motherboard jumper settings

Bit of an update. Got this thing running now with a CDC wren ESDI hdd and circa 86 controller. It currently has Compaq DOS 3.31. Haven't done much more with it as I moved recently and it is in storage. I will try to get it out and dump the BIOS. After all that work i found the jumpers:

others:

The 301z is a very different beast. It can take the same RAM card, but also has SIMMs. There is a picture in the above link. It has contiguous memory, no 512KB split point. It also has BIOS shadowing AFAIK. I have the board, but it is in storage so can't tell you much about it. Released in '87 it follows the PS/2 style of RAM. Don't know who copied who? It still runs at 16MHz but has zero wait state RAM.

SHUTNIK informed me in a PM that he got his 301 going. The FPU jumper (among others) was set incorrectly. It would freeze after POST when it goes to access a drive.

I've been working on ultimateretro.net recently, so haven't had much time to tinker. I will be documenting all these boards over there too at some point.

Thanks, however this is for the 301z. I have added the manual to my site.
_mR_Slug might find the digging I've been doing on Syscon Consulting and similar motherboard designs under
Thank you. I've been looking for that Micronics 20MHz board for a while. It has a 10MHz AT bus, and was curious how this non-cached 20/10MHz system compares to a 20/8MHz cached system. The intel 302 board is also an interesting one. The memory card bus is different to the 301/301z. It is tacked on to a 16bit slot, instead of an 8bit slot. The manual calls this an AT-32 bus. There is at-least one HDD controller that fits into this. A little known bus that was lost when EISA took over in '89.

Wanted to get my hands on one of these for a while, shame it's not in England. Nearly $400 buy the time it gets to me!

The SCSI card that fits its AT-32 bus is the Mylex DC376, not the DCE376, that's EISA.

Back