• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Internet Explorer gone?

Retromaster

Experienced Member
I installed firefox today. I got tired of my programs to cease to respond, so I invested in mozilla.

I made it my main internet source by saying yes in the box that appeared when I booted it up. It replaced IE icon with its own on the start menu, but now I cannot find IE anywhere. It says it is still installed on my compy, but I can't find it.

Does anyone know where it may be?

Is it really gone, or just the shortcut? Did you try looking for it in your 'Windows' directory? Even if the IE program is gone (not likely), the data files are prob'ly still there. Just go ahead and do the FireFox 'Import' thing.

--T

Nah, just the short-cut is gone. Plus you can choose which browser to use in the start menu (right mouse click task bar, pick properties).

Thankyou!
I stumbled across this a few months back looking for a version of word to run in 3.1, A reinstall of Firefox later and I couldn't find it again. I knew it began with V, but that was it.
Ta!

carlsson said:
Try Start -> Run and enter "iexplore". Unless Firefox did something really nasty, MSIE should start up.
That worked.

Just the short cut disappeared. But I couldn't find it.

There is no way to kill the monster. (internet explorer)

Is there a way to get it on my desk top along with firefox?

Last edited:
Go find iexplore.exe again and rightclick and create shortcut, then drag the new shortcut icon to your desktop (or taskbar) and voila, there it is.

/edit to find it go to start>search iexplore.exe

Back