• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Is there a SYM-1 PCB or good picture?

jplr

Experienced Member
HI all,

I had a SYM-1 in the old times, but I gave it to a friend for who I have written a system to compose music (on a French Minitel) and play that music simultaneously on four analog MooG synthesizers (a real time kernel). The SYM-1 had also a 16 Kbytes dynamic RAM designed and wrapped by myself.

I wonder if somewhere there is a good picture of the PCB of a SYM-1? Or even better if someone sells a PCB with the size and look of that time (I am not interested in the reduced sized clones as I have already a KIM-1 clone by Briel computing).

Thanks!

If no one else can do it for you, I have a SYM-1 and a SYM-2. I don't know if I can get to the storage before a week or so. It seems we are getting a number of storms.
Dwight

Thanks Dwight, don't worry I can wait months if needed.
Yes the weather gets awful in California and other parts of the world.

I've some pictures:
The bottom of the sym1 is too large. I'll try to take a different picture.
The first one is a programmer card that looks like a 2716 programmer. I believe it is suppose to connect to a sym/kim. I was hoping someone might have some information on it.
The SYM2 is the newer version of the SYM1.

Attachments

• progcrd.JPG
    progcrd.JPG
    7.1 MB · Views: 16
  • sym2bot.JPG
    sym2bot.JPG
    7.4 MB · Views: 21
  • sym2top.JPG
    sym2top.JPG
    7.5 MB · Views: 21
  • sym1top.JPG
    sym1top.JPG
    7.8 MB · Views: 19
I bought two SYM-1's from a scrap sale at Synertek. Both were not working but it took a short while to find the problems. It was open vias going through the boards. I think each had about 4 opens. I gave one of the boards to a friend.
I used this one with a radio shack door entry interrupter and a strip printer, that I found, to use as a timer for auto cross. I used a software correction to have the time to less then 1 second per day. I had three push button switches. One to start the timer, one to stop the timer and one to ignore the interrupted light. We usually did one practice lap and then two timed laps. The ignore switch allowed us to start the practice lap while the previous car was on the final lap. It would keep track of the time for the last two laps.
We used it several time as a backup when the main one that would fail and need to be fixed. It was nice to get the printouts. At the end of the day we'd give them to the drivers.
Dwight

Back