• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

California ISO IBM Thinkpad Dock I

Covers: California

Al Kossow

Documentation Wizard
Does anyone have one they don't need?
I've gone down a Thinkpad 360C restoration rathole.
It is the style with a 240 pin docking socket.
I know someone looking for one with a 240 pin docking plug, put those are impossible to find.

Attachments

• top.png
    top.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
I'll check later tonight. I think I have the connector/tray assembly for the dock but not the whole dock.
You know where to reach me if I forget. :p

FRU 39H7416
SelectaDock assembly for thinkpad 760/765.

Way too new for you, or not what you want at all?
Not compatible. I have a Dock I, but I'm not parting with it (I use it with a SoundBlaster AWE32). The Dock I is nice and small, but the SCSI interface is SCSI-1 and it sucks (I think it's Trantor). The Dock II is pretty clunky, but I think you have room for 2 ISA slots, 2 PCMCIA cards, and it has Adaptec SCSI-2.

On a side note - both the Dock I and Dock II will work with the original 760C or L, but not with the 760E/ED/EL/ELD and above.

Oh, and let me know if you need batteries. I have TONS of 360 and 750 batteries. They use I believe 16 x Sanyo HR-AUL cells. I've rebuilt a few 750 packs for my 750 series machines (they'll work in the 360, and the 750 series packs give you battery runtime in percentage and time; the 360 packs just tell you full, medium and empty). Fairly easy to rebuild with a spot welder.

Back