• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

lamont vs. lieberman

DOS-Master

Experienced Member
who do you want to win. I want joe lieberman cuz ned lamont doesn't even tell you his plan and just has hundreds of negative ads and annoying phone calls asking you to vote for him

Go to their websites, their plans and positions are well written out.
I personally lost support for Lieberman when he showed so much support for the second vietnam(iraqi conquest)

To my knowledge Lieberman has already lost the nomination because of his fervent support of the war on Iraq. He now vows to run as an independent.

I think this sends a message to the ruling Democrat party leadership(?) that the constituency does not support the war and their soft position on it. It's probably too late for them to gain ground before the next presidential elections despite Bush's decline in approval but who knows.

L

Lieberman pretty much followed the party line on everything but the war (and if you recall everybody except for one person voted for the war). So what you have is a party disowning a member for his stance on only one issue all because the Democrats seems to think they can gain election victories just being against a war (that they allowed to happen with their votes).

To sum up politics today we have the Republicans who seems to be the most corrupt GOD quoting greedy immoral people this nation ever seen against the Democrats who have no spine to take a stand on anything other then they hate George Bush and anything that could get them a vote without having to put their opinions in writing. Or to put it another way both parties could care less about the vast majority of people that do not swing to the extreme right or left but like the middle ground.

I read somewhere that if Oprah Winfrey would get into politics, she'd be likely to run for president - and win? I dunno how realistic that is, and how many top politicians really are relieved she not going there.

I wouldn't vote for her..lol
She still thinks racism is a problem and she yacks on about it like it is a bigger deal then getting our troops home and getting better health care.

Back