• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Latest Haul

TomFCS

Experienced Member
We're having a clean out of some storage areas at work and I've been hauling some stuff away. There's some pressure to clear this out quickly, so I'm pretty much just grabbing anything that looks even mildly interesting and going to sort it all out later.

Hardware...

2 - ATX mid tower clones - Guessing their probably PII's or PIII's. Not tested.
1 - AT desktop - GA-486VS REV.7 - Intel 486 DX2 66 inside with Win 3.1 and various apps installed. Working.
1 - Epson DFX 5000+ wide carriage dot-matrix printer. Both tractors seem to work and it successfully printed a test page. I kinda like this thing. :)
1 - Apple Image Writer II, black and white. Prints test page OK. Partial address label stuck on roller. No cable.
1 - Apple CRT - A2M6014 - power indicator comes, but no illumination with contrast/brightness adjusting. No cable.
3 - HP Pavilion's. 4530, 7850, 8776C. Not tested.
1 - Lexmark Model M "Easy Options" - PN 60G3571 - dated 06-10-1993 - Looks good and types well.
1 - AT/XT keyboard. Maxiswitch AT/XT autosense Model #2189 - dated 04-18 1991. Tested OK on DTK 8088.
1 - AT/XT keyboard. Dyna Micro. Model SK-8843-1U. Really yellowed. Not tested.
1 - AT/XT keyboard. Key Tronic. Model E03601QL-C. Nice condition. Not tested.
1 - Packard Bell PS/2 keyboard. Nothing special, but looks like new. Works.
2 - Small boxes of various slot 1 cpu's.
1 - Box various motherboards.
1 - Dell Dimensions XPS T600. Not tested.
1 - NLQ 180 dot matrix printer, no name on it anywhere, just says VP-8100 on back, prints test page OK.
1 - Macsense FEH-516 - 16 port hub. Not tested.
1 - SMC EZ5816DS 16 port hub. Not tested.
1 - 2 GB Iomega Jaz Drive - internal SCSI - Not tested.
1 - Really dirty 12 Mhz 286. Seagate ST-3144A. Mitsumi 5 1/4". Top cover missing. Testing soon.
2 - External SCSI drive enclosures. One's empty the other appears to have a drive in it. Neither tested.
6 - Dell psu's - Model HP-145SNF - Odd rectangular size, probably proprietary wired. None tested.
2 - Compaq power bricks - Compaq PN 340754-001. Unknown. Not tested.
1 - Empty parallel port hard drive enclosure. H45 Technology Corp. DOS and Win 95/NT install disks. Missing power supply.
1 - Dexxa Hand scanner with driver disk (Ver. 2.0) and Grayworks (Ver. 1.01).
5 - Serial mice. Not tested.
1 - Speedstream 4 port router. Model SS2614. Not tested.
2 - ATI VGA Wonder XL's. Also includes 12 like new manuals with software. Three different software versions - 2.7, 3.0, and 3.1.
1 - CMS Drive Plus hard card, ST-125. Will be testing soon.
1 - Fairly good sized box of ISA cards. Filthy. Looks like mostly 8 bit serial and parallel with a few drive controllers mixed in.

Books, software and media...

2 - Shrink-wrapped copies of Win 3.1.
1 - IBM DOS 5.0. Box is slightly bent but manuals and disks are in good condition.
1 - Win 3.0 boxed. Fair condition.
1 - Central Point PC Tools for Windows Ver. 2.0. Looks complete.
1 - Corel Draw Ver 3.0. Looks complete but beat up box.
7 - Assorted Packard Bell manuals. So-so condition.
8 - Like new Mitac IH3120 user manuals. OK, where the heck are the boards???
1 - Borland Office for Windows Ver. 2.0
1 - Shrink-wrapped Internet Explorer 2.0 CD.
1 - Novell NetWare 3.11. I already have a 40 MHz 386 tower with ver. 3.11 and a 10 user license installed on it. I'm assuming this is the software originally installed on that machine, but this set of disks also includes a Ver. 4.11 registration disk and a Ver. 4.11 - 50 user license disk.
10 - Like new CNet CN280E, CN680E and CN650E Ethernet user manuals with driver disks. I need to check and see if I have any of the cards.
3 - Sets of Win 3.1 disks not boxed
1 - Set of Win 3.0 disks not boxed
2 - 3 1/2" plasitc floppy boxes with various Ethernet, printer, keyboard and motherboard setup disks inside.
3 - Fairly decent 5 1/4" disk storage boxes.
1 - Turbo Pascal Ver 3.x. Not originals, just copies. Looks complete.
1 - Interactive Microcomputer Graphics - Chan S.Park - Addison-Wesley 1985. This looks really interesting. Packed full of BASIC program examples. Seems to be written with the beginning programmer in mind. The book is like new too. It doesn't appear to have ever been read.

Other various stuff...

1 - Old Royal typewriter. I started typing on it and quickly realized it lacked shift keys. Not broken off or missing, but made that way, it's an uppercase only typewriter. Everything seems to function, but the carriage needs a little pushing at times.
1 - Western Electric touch-tone phone. Been looking for a black one for a while now. Not tested.
1 - Western Electric rotary phone. Not tested.
2 - Bell and Howell cassette recorders. Not tested
3 - Smith Corona's, 1 word processor, 2 typewriters. None tested.
1 - Archer RF modulator. Not tested.
1 - CCTV camera. Looks unused still in box.
1 - 8 port Pelco video switch.
1 - Blonder-Tongue apartment complex video amplifier. Model ACA-30.
1 - Bulk magnetic tape eraser. For 7 or 10 inch reels. Missing top plate. Working.
1 - 100 watt Bogen PA amplifier. Cleaned it up a little and ran it for about an hour. Noisy controls, but seems to work otherwise.
1 - Sony F-99S stereo microphone. Untested.
1 - Elmo 912/s film splicer/sound editor. Lights up and motors turn.
1 - RCA CLC-021 Color Camcorder with base unit. Viewfinder goes black after a few minutes, but the lens still continues to auto focus.
2 - IBM Selectric's. Pretty beat up. One does nothing. The other powers up to a rapid fire space bar.
20-30 - Various unopened typewriter and printer ribbons.

There are some more items I plan to grab sometime this week. Several boxes and filing cabinets to go through yet and some newer items that I need to inquire about first and verify they are cleared for taking.

Pics ---> http://picasaweb.google.com/fcs2pixel/LatestStuff#

Looks like I'm going to be busy for a while.

Nice haul, its been a while since I have walked away with that much stuff from one place at one time.

This probably goes without saying but you might as well not open the Windows 3.1 disks even though I don't know that they have that much value but for some reason people like shrink wrapped OS's.

I forget which pic its in, but what kind of monitor is that, the squarish black one near center frame?

If it's the one I think your referring to, that's actually a JVC C-1350 13" color television. It was used as a CCTV camera monitor a long time ago. I thought that looked interesting too, but unfortunately it has some pretty severe screen burn. It was pointed directly at glass doors with a southern exposure for years.

This probably goes without saying but you might as well not open the Windows 3.1 disks even though I don't know that they have that much value but for some reason people like shrink wrapped OS's.

I couldn't agree more. I'm a pretty big fan of shrink-wrapped stuff myself. I recently purchased a second one of those NOS backpack drives with the sole intention of not opening it.

If it's the one I think your referring to, that's actually a JVC C-1350 13" color television. It was used as a CCTV camera monitor a long time ago. I thought that looked interesting too, but unfortunately it has some pretty severe screen burn. It was pointed directly at glass doors with a southern exposure for years.

Ah, okay. I have a similar screen with a high voltage problem somewhere, intent on fixing it becasue it has SOOO many controls on the front it's insane. It can still be used as a monitor, yours, too bad it has such bad screen burn.

Back