• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Like New Vintage Computers On Ebay

That's really awesome! I imagine shipping is a bear on those.

Just what *does* someone do with a PC? I used to play Wizardry, Flight Simulator II, Rogue, and a host of public domain games...

Just what *does* someone do with a PC?

Well... Using my 1985 AT&T PC 6300 running DOS 2.11, I let it do all of my word processing with Wordperfect 5.0, databasing and spreadsheets with Reflex 1.0(I've got the 1.1 upgrade disk as well), and I even check my e-mail daily with it by dialing in with Bitcom. The computer has no HDD, btw. Sometimes I dial with Windows 1.03(on floppies) and I used to with Works 3.0, but I like the floppy based Bitcom better--it has more options, an easier more detailed interface, and allows communications up to 19200 baud (it was made in 1990, anyone got a copy of an older program?) or even as low as 300 baud.

How do I check my e-mail you ask? Well I belong to a wonderous BBS, Prison Board. It has an e-mail program allowing for communication between the worlds, by e-mail. It is available by telnet at rdfig.net, by just going to rdfig.net, or most authentically by dialing in to 972-329-0781. It preferes ANSI emulation, but that usually holds errors for me while dialing, and it works fine without emulation. And, it's in black and white with no emulation, which is much easier on my 1200 baud modem.

--Ryan

Dave,
Great buys! What I hate about ebay these days is that in spite of an awesome price, you do not have any bids. WATCHING and SNIPING are two things that prevent bids until the last minute. Great for buyers because it keeps the price lower. Bad for sellers for the same reason.

Wait until the auction is done, then contact that buyer. Don't let him know now, maybe he has another account that he could use to bid it waay up and not pay, then have you offer on the real one. Never know what extremes people may go to to get a PC-1 IBM 5150....

--Ryan

Back