• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Little Big Lan

new_castle_j

Experienced Member
I recently read about an old p2p networking software called Little Big LAN or sometimes referred to as the $25 network or $75 network. It looked quite useful and would be interesting to play with. Does anyone out there have a copy to share?

I like UNET-II which is a (free) parallel port network for DOS. It's a full Server/Workstation network without NICs. It's easy to set up and run and all you need is two PCs and a parallel cable.

I think I might--give me a couple of days to look for it.

Awesome! I'll be around. The thing that intrigued me was that LBL can inter-operate with serial, parallel, Arcnet, and Ethernet links. The setup and diagnostic programs also looked well done.

the manual for little big lan is under informationModes on bitsavers

Thanks for the files Chuck, that was quick!

The manual on bitsavers was a good read, but it must be for a different version than what Chuck posted, lot more files and utilities are mentioned in the bitsavers manual. The one that you posted Chuck will get me started, but I'll still be snooping around for other versions. Thank You!

Yup, the one I have was the IMODES $25 Network, circa 1990 (tucked into the jacket for the floppy was a warranty slip for a Rodime 204E. I always wondered what happened to it). Well, if you need help, let me know.

Back