• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Looking for 2 (matching) PIII 1.0GHz Slot-1 CPU's

Denniske1976

Experienced Member
Hi guys,

I've picked up something nice (I think): a Compaq Proliant CL3000, a Cluster Server. I can't find a lot about it, but it's a nice machine: two nodes in a tower case with a shared storage attached. Never seen one before, although in the past a customer of mine used to have a CL server. Can't remember exactly but I think it was a CL5000 or maybe CL580 (creme white Compaq, and a whoooole lot bigger than the one I picked up).

Anyhoo, every node has 1 Pentium III CPU @ 1GHz (1000/133/256/1.7V) and I'd like to add a second one to each node (because you know, SMP is cool etc). So uhm, anyone happen to have any of these? A matching set would be nice with the right heatsink (they're passively cooled). I have a set of VRMs, just not the CPU and they're not really easy to find so I was thinking maybe someone here can help out?

BTW: Anyone have any more info on this machine? I have the QuickSpecs and User Service Manual.... it currently has Windows 2000 Advanced Server installed (because you know: Clustering) but I can't really find out if Linux (Debian or something) would also run on that and make use of the Clustering capabilities (or even supports the CR3500 RAID controller).

Well, that's about it... thanks for reading and y'all have a good one now!

Dennis

I'll happily swap my matched set of SL4BS SECC2 1000/256/133 CPUs for a matched set of Coppermine SECC2 1000/256/100 CPUs, as the board I use it in is a 440GX (100MHz FSB).

I sent OP a message that I have two Slot 1 SL4KL's - 1000/256/100/1.7V S1 - 10450062-0319 with factory fans which I used in Asus P2B-B (440BX) systems that have now been retired. Perhaps there's a way for a sale/swap?

Sure, I'm all for it--but it'll be up to the OP to facilitate it. Right now, the SL4BS CPUs are running at 750MHz in my system. I can goose the 440GX chipset to 120 MHz, but it's not reliable at that speed.

Hi all, thanks for the answers (sorry I'm kinda without a computer atm hence the long delay in reply). I could facilitate this no problem, but the thing is I'm in Holland so with the shipping costs etc going from and to me for a swap between members... I could be off cheaper buying two CPU's on eBay (as long as those prices aren't going crazy). So I'd have to see what we could work out (and there's the thing of getting the right CPU heatsinks as well as they're passively cooled and covered by some kind of foam thingie with velcro to help the airflow in each of the server nodes.

I found two Compaq PIII 1000/256/133/1.7 on eBay with the correct heatsinks... so this issue might be solved for me, now to find a 2nd CR3500 and some info (all I can find is kinda about the CL1850 that looks identical just other CPUs). Anyway, thanks for the offers guys! Really appreciated!

Back