• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Looking for 6809 source code and binary

Ruud

Veteran Member
In 1989 I created my own 6502 assembler and disassembler. In time I expanded it with other 65xxx products, the Z80 and 6800. Lately I added the 6809. Disassembling a bit of 6809 code and assembling it again, I found a difference. The cause was an error in both the assembler and disassembler, a kind of chicken-and-egg error.

My question: does anybody have a test program for the 6809, both source code and binary. The idea: I convert the source so my assembler can read it and compare the result with the binary. If there is a difference, most likely it is caused by the assembler. Once repaired, I run the disassembler on the original binary, run the resulting source through the repaired assembler and compare the result with the original binary. That should lead to the faulty part in the disassembler.

Thank you very much in advance!

Here's from my assembler test files, it may not be tricky, but it should be more or less complete.

(basically my "tests" are a bunch of .asm files that get assembled and then the .hex output is compared with files from another directory)

Attachments

• 6809.zip
    7.6 KB · Views: 4
Back