• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Looking for a couple of floppy disk accessories.

Dore

Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but I'm looking for a couple of things for some of my old 5.25 inch floppies.

First is those little paper slips they go in.

Second is gonna be a bit more difficult to locate, I'm betting. I want to get my hands on some of the plastic sheets that fit in a standard 3 ring binder that held 5.25 floppies. They had 2 disks per side, and a slot for a label for the disk. I have some and absolutely LOVE them, as I can keep my entire Apple IIe game collection in one big binder (the kind that zip up, as I like to keep my software and games as protected as possible). Anybody got ANY idea of where I might find these? I've found the paper slips, but it was from a UK company, and I don't wanna do that. Thanks in advance!

I'll bet that Athana still carries the sleeves.

I wouldn't use those vinyl sleeves, though--they have a nasty tendency to get sticky and depost stuff on your floppies. Use those rigid plastic (PVC? HDPE?) boxes instead that simply hold the disks inside.

Or build a large storage cabinet that holds a few thousand, like I did. :)

What I do is put the paper sleeves inside the vinyl one, that way the disk is protected from anything like that (for the most part). I've not had a problem with them, honestly, and I've got some that are well over 20 years old.

What's such a big deal in it you can buy them from any computer hardware vendor or any kind of PC up gradation or PC maintenance a best place i know is PC Repair Experts you can have a look by yourself i hope you won't be disappointed because one of my friend referred me this site and by that time i am with this site and recommending others

Back