• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Looking for an MS-DOS stock monitor

Robuck

Experienced Member
Hello,

I recently watched "The Wolf of Wall Street" and saw all the delicious vintage computers displayed throughout the movie. I have been looking into a lot of websites to find any stock related programs at all, but it seems like nobody is interested in them. So my question is, are there any MS-DOS compatible stock market monitoring programs that might work today? I know the chances are slim, but I still would love to find out and use on one of my old machines.

Any information would be greatly appreciated,
Mark Robuck

in the early days of dial up when BBS's were supreme, there were many dial-up (I guess you could consider them BBS's to some degree) numbers you could call and dial up to get the current quotes.. Do they exist today? Maybe... do some digging. Use any computer with a terminal program and modem and dial in... there you go.

What good would a DOS program be if you are not 'wired' to some service, be it internet or other? Unless you were looking for something that operated on manual input?

Don't forget that green screen CRTs burn in easily. You don't want to leave anything that is still in decent condition running nonstop.

How about MarketEdge?

The software generates and plots the following indicators:

Advance-Decline Line, Bollinger Bands, Dow, McClellan
Oscillator, RSI, SASITOP, SASI Oscillator, Sigma Limits,
Stochastics, and Technical Index.

I have v1.0s

This is something that I am interested in as well and I hope you have some luck in finding something appropriate. Stone mentioned MarketEdge, my thoughts were Metatrader 1.0 as I think the first version of metatrader come out in 86. their 2 and 3 versions might even be appropriate.

I had a quick look after seeing your post and found this website https://www.pcorner.com/list/FINANCIA if you Ctrl + F and type stock for the search term you will see many different stock programs. Also MarketEdge v1.0s that Stone suggested.

Back