• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Looking for IBM PC Support for Dos and OS/2

Jimmy

Veteran Member
Did any one hold on to IBM PC Support Disks for an IBM Midrange S36 or As400, before it became Client Access for the iSeries. I must have throw away a couple of dozen thru the years. I would really appreciate if I could find someone who is willing to image the disks if they have them.

Thanks,

Jimmy

Did any one hold on to IBM PC Support Disks for an IBM Midrange S36 or As400, before it became Client Access for the iSeries. I must have throw away a couple of dozen thru the years. I would really appreciate if I could find someone who is willing to image the disks if they have them.

Thanks,

Jimmy

You don't have an AS/400 lurking in the closet do you?

It's been called Client Access for a long long time now. (10 years? 15 maybe?) If nobody here has them there is a mailing list (ClassicCmp) that might be more helpful - there are more of the 'big iron' types there.

Mike

Mike:

We purchsed a F-60 in late 1989 to replace our Burroughs midrange, we had been running a 4955 and 2925 or a while. It was not delivered to fall 1990 if I remember right.

I will check the ClassicCmp site.

Thanks for the advice.

Mike:

We purchsed a F-60 in late 1989 to replace our Burroughs midrange, we had been running a 4955 and 2925 or a while. It was not delivered to fall 1990 if I remember right.

I will check the ClassicCmp site.

Thanks for the advice.

You're going to love this. I worked for a long time in the guts of the AS/400 operating system. Not the F models though; I was on the project that ported the OS to the PowerPC based processor. Those machines first made it to market in 94 (Advanced 36) and 95 (first PowerPC based AS/400s).

Mike

We originally ordered an E model but IBM delivered the F model. We still have a couple of iSeries, one at our data center and one co-located at Sungard in Atlanta. They are good solid machines, real workhorses for us. Most of what we do is still batch processing. Must have been a real trip working on the OS, was wondering where you acquired the skills for mTCP, don't pick that up overnight.

Back