• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Mac Inker Universal Printer ribbon reinker

VERAULT

Veteran Member
I acquired this Mac Inker in a huge apple II lot I bought a few years back. The seller raved about how great it was and how much he used it. Amazingly he had all the documents and receipt for it. I didn't think I would ever use it but I took it nonetheless to make the seller happy.

After looking at it for so long I decided to clean it up and post it for sale. I did some research on it and I found some old requests on forums (including this one) in the past with random people scouring the Net in the hopes of finding one of these. I guess that's how it is. I don't know if it will sell but I put it up on eBay for sale if anyone wants to take a look at it. IT has some universal mounting points allowing it to attach any print ribbon, even typewriter and word processor to be wound around a rounded reservoir point that has a pin hole which is filled with generic ink to re-wet the entire ribbon. An electric motor makes this an automated task. I can see how this would be useful for print ribbons no longer being manufactured.

Take a look. I hope someone who could use it stumbles on it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/193141308089?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Gee well I guess this post helped as it just sold.. I'm glad someone who could use this device found it.

Last edited:
Gee well I guess this post helped as it just sold.. I'm glad someone who could use this device found it.
Thanks for posting this! I'm the one who snatched this up. I thought I'd left a search in place on eBay to notify me for MacInkers, but when I checked (after buying this) I see I forgot to do that or the search went missing. I've used one of these on ImageWriter ribbons in the the late 80s at work, so I know they can do the re-inking job well, even if they're a little messy in operation and storage. I plan on using this to get ink into some new, old, and super-light-printing ribbons for my DEC LA100 Letterwriter.

Back