• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Mac OS 8 or 9 for PPC CD .iso image required

Asking for .ISOs are against forums rules.

Asking for .ISOs are against forums rules.

Please note that at present, Mac OS versions greater than 7.5.5 are not 'abandonware', and copying them is a violation of copyright. This makes the distribution of them online against forum rules.

However, every Mac came with a valid license for a certain version of the Mac OS. What Mac are you looking for it for? I probably have a copy of the install files for that individual Mac that it would be okay for me to send to you.

Otherwise, you will have to find a copy for sale online. (eBay is a good source, and there are a few resellers that specialize in older Mac OSes.)

Mac OS CDs

Mac OS CDs

However, every Mac came with a valid license for a certain version of the Mac OS. What Mac are you looking for it for? I probably have a copy of the install files for that individual Mac that it would be okay for me to send to you.

It is a Power Macintosh 9500/200. I don't want to violate any copyright laws, but I agree with your statement about being licensed for the original.

I think it came with Mac OS 8.6 (which is on there now, but 'broken').

Paul.

Last edited:
Well, unfortunately, the 9500 originally came with 7.5. If you want, I can make you an .iso of it's original restore disc.

Back