• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Magic Wand Word Processing System

mark0x01

Experienced Member
I have been having a rummage through my boxes and came across a Magic Wand Word Processing System by Small Business Applications on 8" sssd media.
It is V1.1 labeled as BEEHIVE/DRAFT

It is an origional dealer package which includes disks labeled as Dealer Source File.

A quick search didn't find images for this application, only manuals, so it might be worth keeping.

I'll add it to the (very long) imaging queue for future processing when I get an 8" drive and imaging system working.

Adrian was given a bunch of 8" disks that stored magic wand files, he showed 3 weeks ago.

He is not sure if he has a copy of the software on the disks. Since he wasn't familiar with magic wand, he looked it up and found it retailed for $400. Perhaps it would be good to share pictures of the disks, and any additional technical info on what system your copy runs on.

From here Magic Wand later became Peachtext by Peachtree Software, but more interestingly, "In September of 1980, Bill Gates, who was 23 years old at the time, called Les and asked to buy the source code."

It would have been run on a Cromemco with Beehive terminal, as confirmed by the label.
I suspect the Dealer disks might allow that to be customised and reproduced as there is a copy with incremented serial number.
I aquired a large amount of Cromemco hardware and software from a main distributor when it was discontinued.

diskette.jpg

Back