• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

many parts for sale (2 lots)

sombunall

Experienced Member
Vintage and Obsolete computers / parts for sale (2 lots)

This ad has been posted elsewhere.

*everything is AS-IS*

NO SHIPPING - PICKUP ONLY. NO TRADES. NO SPLITS. CASH ONLY.

Vintage is considered to be at least 25 years old by vintage-computer.com. When possible I have gone by the date of manufacture but for some unmarked items I went by the date that technology was first introduced.

Most parts have been pulled by me from a working system some time in the past and stored in a temperature and humidity controlled basement since then. Parts that are known bad are marked as such in the lot lists.

Some disks will need to be reformatted (do not assume they are bad). Some 720K 3.5" disks have been drilled and re-taped. They were used during the time when people thought 720K were exactly the same as 1.44M and were trying to increase the capacity. I do not recommend removing the tape as the magetic density is different and will corrupt data when the disks are written to. There are about 15 or so 720K floppies like this out of the 47 in the list.

Some items have been included that are not in the lists. For example the keyboard for the XT has many missing keys but other than that is a very good one with great tactile feel.

In the obsolete lot there are 2 16 bit soundcards with wavetable on them. I highlight this because some people like using these cards as they work better in DOS than PCI cards. They are around year 1994 which is not vintage yet.

Check back for price drops coming about every week!

Lot 1 vintage is $950
Lot 2 obsolete is $170

The link to the list is http://partsforsale.codeicepick.com

Some pictures (mostly just the drives and in an unsorted order. One is of an 8-bit floppy controller):

alps_back.jpg100_0532.jpg100_0531.jpgDTK_PII-151B.jpg

The XT in this sale has had a reset button added:
http://www.vcfed.org/forum/showthread.php?19753-XT-reset-switch-hack&highlight=

Attachments

• alps_front.jpg
    alps_front.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 1
  • alps_bottom.jpg
    alps_bottom.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 1
  • alps_top.jpg
    alps_top.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 1
  • wd93044-x.jpg
    wd93044-x.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMI5012H_bottom.jpg
    IMI5012H_bottom.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMI5012H_back.jpg
    IMI5012H_back.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMI5012H_top.jpg
    IMI5012H_top.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 100_0530.jpg
    100_0530.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Oops. I forgot to add my desktop XT system. Done. Here is the entry:

system xt 640k RAM 40M WD "IDE for XT" drive
1.44 & 360k floppies, 150W PS, WD EGA Paradise card (in mono mode), 1 ser, 1 par, 1 game

The price is not being increased for this. The "IDE for XT" is not an XTIDE (but a working card is included in lot #1). It is actually a WD drive taken from a Tandy that used a bizarre form of IDE. It will only work in a XT with a creative labs type controller or a Tandy that supports that I think.

Im interesting about the 2nd Lot. May i ask more info and/or photo of these:

2pcs soundcard ISA wavetable
1pcs STB systems vga/ser/par/FDD/HDD
4pcs video VLB assorted cards

BR,
Laszlo

Im interesting about the 2nd Lot. May i ask more info and/or photo of these:

2pcs soundcard ISA wavetable
1pcs STB systems vga/ser/par/FDD/HDD
4pcs video VLB assorted cards

BR,
Laszlo

Sorry no photos.

I made a mistake with the 4 VLB cards. The database now reads:

misc VLB assorted cards
2 video, 2 I/O

I know one of those videocards is a cirrus logic. For the STB systems that is a strange card. It tries to be a "jack of all trades" on one 16 bit card and I think it had a chips & tech chipset. I never had any luck pushing the card beyond 640x480. I actually had a bunch of them but ended up keeping only 1 just for a technology example. The one I kept I think has 512k RAM on it (all slots filled). For the sound cards I know one is a vibra16 with a think an EMU 8k wavetable midi chip on it. The other one I think is a soundblaster 32 with an EMU 8k chip. Sorry if my memory is fuzzy I just don't want to pull them out of the box with the nice packing job I did on them with cardboard (not styrofoam) from ripped up egg carton. I used all packing materials known to be anti-static whenever possible.

Also one more thing not in the list. I have what I think is an Intel pentium-133 on a QDI VX chipset motherboard with manual inside a plastic cracked AT tower case. Do not attempt to use an AMD CPU on this motherboard as some games like duke3d may crash on certain levels. The case also has a power supply, a 1.44 drive and some ribbon cables inside. It has the cpu + heatsink but no cooler (cooler is in the lot). I was trying to underclock it at one point and use it as a router but changed my mind halfway through. You can have that too.

I'd probably buy both if I were close enough to pick it all up, but alas the trip from SF to Montreal is not something I can do any time soon.

Lessee, this started at $950 and now it's down to $120.

Assuming it'll get down to $0 fairly soon, what's next?

When you're ready to offer to give $25 plus free shipping, PM me.

If you were willing to ship the stuff, I'd probably be interested, although, even domestically, shipping isn't going to be cheap.

Looks like an inventory of about 1/10 of my basement... ;-)

Anything in particular you're interested in? I could deliver for the cost of shipping these days; too bad you'd be paying in Canadian $$s.

We really must get together again one of these days...

m

You know me, m, I'll take anything (except those damn 4U servers...you could have, at least, dropped off a couple of 19" racks to hang them in :) ).

Yeah, that sounds like a plan, but, why do you always wait until winter LOL

Just shows how little you Yankees know.

This summer was the hottest since they've been keeping records (130 years).

It was, for about 10 weeks, between 35C and 40C (~100 to 110F).

I think those damn giant fans pointing at us from across the US border had something to do with it..... :)

Back