• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Microsolutions 1.4MB parallel FDD disassembly help needed.

Sega

Experienced Member
Hello, does anyone has any idea how to take apart one of these? (the parallel 1.4MB FDD drive seen in the box pic below) . I've been trying for a couple of hours with little success, almost seems like I'm going to break it instead :( . One of the rear connectors is a little loose and I'd like to re-flow the solder side. Any help is much appreciated.

24_0.jpg

It's actually pretty easy. Look at the sides of the case near the front of the drive. See those little lozenge-shaped recesses? Those are tabs that lock the case halves together. Find something to push both in at the same time, then lift the top of the case and swing it up. The case will disassemble.

QN5I9.png

Last edited:
It's actually pretty easy. Look at the sides of the case near the front of the drive. See those little lozenge-shaped recesses? Those are tabs that lock the case halves together. Find something to push both in at the same time, then lift the top of the case and swing it up. The case will disassemble.

I see, so that's the trick? two of the tabs pushed in at the same time? I think I've tried that or maybe I did one at a time :confused: .They seem a bit flimsy like they may snap thou.

Thanks much for your reply! :thumbsup:

Edit: Woo-hoo! I just did it although those tabs now have a dent :( .

Thanks again for your help!

Last edited:
Back