• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Minnesota (Twin Cities?) Retrocomp Get Together?

arfink

Experienced Member
Hi, I'm a vintage computer buff in the Twin Cities area, and it'd be fun to have a hangout sometime. I still live at home with my parents (I'm only 23, and still hunting for a more permanent job) but they'd likely be OK with having a few people drop by for a day and bringing some random retro gear to set up in the basement. I have an Apple IIgs and a couple Tandy Model Ts in my collection, as well as an HP 64110A "portable mainframe" we could play with. And I have some vintage (and not to vintage) gaming consoles too, like Nintendo NES, Dreamcast, and a Neo Geo MVS. I also have a projector (vintage tri-panel LCD unit from the dawn of LCD projectors, cool little toy) we could use.

I don't have a date in mind, but was hoping some people here from MN would see this and would be interested in hanging out some time.

I'm game, heck once I get moved into my new house and get a proper "workshop" setup, I would be willing to host a future retro-comp-get-together (Twin cities north-metro).

...Maybe I could even unload a few machines from my collection onto you guys. :)
Would be glad to buy/trade/take a few once I get settled into my new house, lack of space was the main reason I didn't grab something from you when I picked up my XTIDE kit.

If you don't mind me asking, where abouts are you from? I'm in Columbia Heights.

I'm just north of downtown mpls. I could host too an event as well, although my place is a PITA to find, and parking sucks. My collection is 100% PC based too, although I do have a pinball machine and arcade machines available for distraction.

I'm just north of downtown mpls. I could host too an event as well, although my place is a PITA to find, and parking sucks. My collection is 100% PC based too, although I do have a pinball machine and arcade machines available for distraction.
Parking was a PITA, but you have a pretty cool collection to see (more than just the wall of XT's), it was worth it to pick up the XTIDE kit ;-)

I just noticed this thread tonight. Did you folks ever get together? I would be interested. I'm in Richfield, so just across town, and work up in Arden Hills.

I just noticed this thread tonight. Did you folks ever get together? I would be interested. I'm in Richfield, so just across town, and work up in Arden Hills.
There hasn't been any kind of get together yet that I know of. I am still trying to get settled into my new place, once I have my "workshop" set up I could sure host some retro-computing get together, but that probably wont be till fall or early winter before the shop is ready (need to finish the better half's studio first).

Back