• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

MITS Altair 8800B switches wanted

Erik

Site Administrator
Staff member
I am desperately seeking NOS, working pulls or accurate replacement switches for my MITS 8800b.

These are flattened paddle switches, both ON-OFF and MOM-Off-MOM type. SPDT, Panel mount, solder post with a 15mm actuator. This last part is the pain as everything I've found is 10mm or less.

I've checked every online source that I know of plus all of the local electronics and surplus shops with no luck.

I'm sure someone here has a stash or knows someone who does. I need at least one of each type but would prefer a few more as I do have a few marginal switches to replace if I can.

I'd even buy a complete 8800b D/C board if that's what it took.

Please PM me here or email me at my webmaster@ this site address if you can help.

Thank you!

Would a C&K 7105T2PCBE work?

7105 - Switch Function SP Mom.-Off-Mom.
T2P - Actuator Flatted, anti-rotation,.610” high, 15/32 bushing
C - Terminations PC Thru-hole
B - Contact Material Gold
E - Seal Epoxy

Not sure about the 15/32 bushing part, other specs seem close.

Close. The panel cutout is 2x what will work (if I'm reading it correctly) and they are non-stock items at DigiKey with a 50 unit minimum at $10 per. Ouch. :)

Erik,

I have a number of the address switches - I can part with a few. These are the 0.4VA gold plated contacts, so they can't be used as the power switch, but if the power switch is an issue, there's a good chance you'll find a sliver contact (3A or 6A) address switch on your D/C board you could swap into the power switch position. Unfortunately I don't have any spare momentary switches.

I posted to the thread just to highlight the gold versus sliver contact issue.

Mike

Back