• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Modify a GOTEK floppy emulator

thank you!

i'm watching the tutorial on setting up flash floppy:

https://youtu.be/-K31S2xqZIk?t=841

he's doing this for an amiga, and in prepping the thumb drive he uses the autoboot mode config. I assume this is the same for TRS-80 use?

for the file selector, he uses amiga (of course). in the file selector, i see windows, atari, amstrad, and amiga files in the firmware package. what would i select at this step for TRS-80 use?

thanks.

thank you!

i'm watching the tutorial on setting up flash floppy:

https://youtu.be/-K31S2xqZIk?t=841

he's doing this for an amiga, and in prepping the thumb drive he uses the autoboot mode config. I assume this is the same for TRS-80 use?

for the file selector, he uses amiga (of course). in the file selector, i see windows, atari, amstrad, and amiga files in the firmware package. what would i select at this step for TRS-80 use?

thanks.

If you add small OLED screen you don't need any config files at all, the screen will allow you to navigate thru your usb drive and auto mount whichever image your need.

i got my second gotek this afternoon and put flash floppy on it. I get f-f when powered on.

I still do not get anything but the garbage screen on the TRS-80 when EI is connected. i understand this is normal behavior when disks are not present? keyboard boots to basic fine standalone or when hitting break with EI.

Seems like jumper is set properly, cable is working (flipped cable displays 'cbl' on gotek with flash floppy). gotek shows signs of usb activity and green led comes on at certain stages, including pressing keyboard reset button.

i tried a zork1.dmk file, but i get error 34. I now have zork1.dsk and it seems to be doing something, or at least no errors i can see.

i put ff.cfg in root and uncommented the shugart entry. that's all i did to cfg.

one concern is that i've never seen my EI work other than the keyboard showing ?mem of 48k when connected (vs 16k).

any other tips? thanks.

Last night I got a Gotek to run on my CoCo2.

After re-flashing the Gotek with Flash Floppy, the display will show "F-F" with no USB installed. I replaced the original display with a LED display which shows the USB file name currently selected, ##/### of files and location of head.

The only thing I put in the FF.CFG file was: " host = tandy-coco"

Put a few DSK files on the USB and everything works like a original floppy disk! But its too quiet, got to do the sound mod.....

Now the fun begins, going to hopefully get my old disks copied over to USB drive. Hope they read...

Seems like jumper is set properly, cable is working (flipped cable displays 'cbl' on gotek with flash floppy). gotek shows signs of usb activity and green led comes on at certain stages, including pressing keyboard reset button.

i tried a zork1.dmk file, but i get error 34. I now have zork1.dsk and it seems to be doing something, or at least no errors i can see.

I'm pretty sure that flashfloppy doesn't recognize dsk or dmk trs-80 model x type disks (just CoCo format). I believe you need to convert them to hfe files.

I got one of my goteks flashed with hXc. i put 2 TRS-DOS model 1 disk images named DSKA0000.HFE, DSKA0001.HFE in the root of the stick, and put HXCSDFE.CFG in the root of the usb stick as per the directions for indexed mode.

On the gotek, i get hXc on the LED at power up. power up EI, gotek, then keyboard. garbage screen. i can go between 001 and 002 on the gotek, but reset on the keyboard only gives a garbage screen.

I got one of my goteks flashed with hXc. i put 2 TRS-DOS model 1 disk images named DSKA0000.HFE, DSKA0001.HFE in the root of the stick, and put HXCSDFE.CFG in the root of the usb stick as per the directions for indexed mode.

On the gotek, i get hXc on the LED at power up. power up EI, gotek, then keyboard. garbage screen. i can go between 001 and 002 on the gotek, but reset on the keyboard only gives a garbage screen.

How did you convert the disks from DMK to HFE format?

Back