• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Monochrome Monitor

I only ended up paying $31.95 + 17.99 s/h
Not bad! It works too, i'll have to post some pictures of my collection soon!
I just hope to get my hands on an old dinosaur monochrome, or at least and IBM model monochrome.

I only ended up paying $31.95 + 17.99 s/h
Not bad! It works too, i'll have to post some pictures of my collection soon!
I just hope to get my hands on an old dinosaur monochrome, or at least and IBM model monochrome.
----
Not bad! You probably missed my post where I asked ya what you'd pay for a PC and if you could pick up in Toronto, but sounds like you did OK anyway.

When you say "Clone look a like" are you saying that you need one with the same styling (e.g. Princeton) or just a monochrome monitor that works? I've got a Quimax QM-14 14" amber monochrome that you can have for shipping.

Better than consigning it to the recyclers...

Sounds good, I would most likely be interested in it. Im looking for something that has vintage look to it like the 5151. I dont want a relatively modern looking monitor sitting on the 5150, but anything with 9 pins will do until I can get my hands on the real thing.

Oh yeah, I forgot to ask, did you ever get the hot to fix the horizontal output transformer?

Yeah, or at least a close match. (I have two of these things--I'm offering you the good one and am going to fool with the bad one).

If you visit a thrift shop, look for one of the Brother typewriter/word processors with the external monitor. Under the plastic, those are basically 5151-style monitors and will work as-is.

Back