• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Monorail 133 processor support

Greetings to all. I just found this site and the Pentium 1 forum , it's great thanks Erik!
My current project is a Monorail 7333 with a Pentium i133 non MMX and 80mb EDO RAM,Dualboot,cd burner,2 HDD, a Zipdrive 100,an external 56K Modem and an external 1.4 floppy.I enjoy upgrading,custom building and restoring any computer but I especially enjoy working on Monorails,though finding Monorail 7333/7245/166LS -BIOS upgrades and finding technical info and specifications is proving to be a fun challenge.
What other info for these Monorails is available? Anyone with any info and/or spare parts please email me.
Does anyone have Monorail owners manuals or technical information to share?
I would love to find the correct BIOS update for one of these.
Thanks for posting the Monorail jumper settings diagram ,it's the first one for a Monorail I have ever seen and it's a great help thanks!
I have noticed that the two Monorail 7333 Motherboards I have, are built slightly different ,my boards are missing a few jumpers that appear in the posted diagram.I figure I have an earlier version of the posted board,but still I am glad to have found the posted diagram..Nice!

I am interested in being able to set the Processor core voltages for future upgrades but I don't seem to have the same J2 or J3 jumpers on my board ,they aren't there at the locations shown in the posted jumper settings diagram. I do have the J1 ,J7 and J8 jumpers.
I found that my board has a J2, but it's not a jumper it's just a J2 printed on the board and it's right behind the modem phoneplug,definitely not like what the diagram shows.
Does anyone actually have the exact board with the J2 and J3 jumpers shown in the posted diagram.
My 7333 boards don't have the J2 J3 jumpers shown in diagram and I don't see them in the two previously posted pictures of the custom built Monorail watercooler photos either.

Here are some numbers and info I have off my two boards ..(Monorail Inc Rev 3.20 AMI American Megatrends (BIOS) Bios indentification string is 51-3200-006474-0111111), motherboard numbers I found are 38-8100-001R and also there is this other MB number 411690800001-R.
Again I want to say thanks to the vintage member for the Board system jumper diagram,you are awesome! Most of the info,from the posted diagram applies to my board and it has been a great help,I really appreciate it ,thanks a million.
I am interested in hearing from all Monorail tweaker/builder/restore and upgrading enthusiast,I have stories and modification pic's to share too!

I have previously custom built a couple of nice Dell's, but these 1997 era Monorails are really cool, I just wish I could get more technical info and it would be nice to have a few Monorail parts computers!
Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks again to everyone!
NEBULA1966

Motorail 133

Motorail 133

Hi: Recently a friend who owns a local business asked me to look a a computer he was using to log in invoices from sales in order to back them up.
The computer was a Motorail 133. First one that I ever saw. Computer was purchased new in 1995 and still has the DOS operationg system. (And I don't mean Windows of any kind but DOS 3.1)
Anyway the CMOS battery appears to be going out. The guy would like to keep the computer and have a new CMOS battery put it.
Any idea how to open the case to this little tank of a computer and replace the battery?
Since his business invoices from about 1997 are on it I didn't want to "blow" it open without knowing what I was doing.
Thanks
Leo

Back