• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

More parts needed: "Primary" PC hardware

DreadStorm

Experienced Member
I've scoured eBay and others, and haven't yet found what I'm after - or am unwilling to lose $200 on a bloody floppy drive. Of course, there may be some that I've missed. Anyway, here's what I'm after, that remains to complete my personal collection:

1) Commodore 64 (condition irrelevant, so long as it works - with all keys)
2) Commodore C-16 (condition irrelevant, so long as it works - with all keys)
*3) PC Clone 8086 (NOT 8088!) motherboard, 10MHz CPU (no proprietary formats, but standard XT-type mobo) - I know this will be a hard one.
*4) Just got the 386-SX board.
5) About 10 or so IDE hard drives under 1GB for use with older PCs. If under 511MB, even better, so long as they work with no "lost clusters" or bad sectors.
6) 4 MFM hard drives with 2 usable controllers (would like one 8-bit, one 16-bit). Prefer 40MB and under. Same working condition as previous.
*7) About 5 each floppy drives, both 5¼" 1.2M & 3½" 1.44M. Plus one of each low-density 360K & 720K. Faceplate color is irrelevant.
8 ) An 8-bit floppy controller that will work with low-density 3½" 720K floppies.

Remember, these items will be put to use, not collecting dust on a shelf. I already have my museum pieces for that. heh

And for obvious reasons, I won't be able to afford them all at once, so the more urgent ones will be paid for first (*). Over the next 4 weeks I'll be buying them from y'all. So feel free to keep tabs on me. :)

Last edited:
I have some 360k floppy drives I can sell you and some 1.2mb disks as well. I also have some MFM HDDs with matched MFM controllers (though I think they are all 16bit controllers though 1 *might* be an 8bit controller. I also have some 8bit floppy controllers that should handle 720k drives (though I am not sure).

What are floppy drives going for these days? I've got a pretty good assortment if it's worth while.

(Not too many 3.5"DD drives, but you can usually use HD drives in their place).

I've seen them go for anywhere between $5 and $25. Of course, there's the odd rarity of some clod trying to get 200 for one, which won't happen. heh

Of the DD ones, I just need 1 each 5¼" & 3½". The rest, I need a few of both HD ones. Off the top of my head, probably 4 or 5 each.

Sounds good. I don't want to step on Lutiana's offer (and besides, his shipping will be cheaper), so see what he can help you with and then PM me for anything you still need; if there is anything, I'd need a few days to test it though, especially HDs.

mike

Sorry man, haven't been home the last two nights. Will send the message in about an hour or so once I look through the stuff again.

Back