• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Morse-Baudot

Just more exploration to go through. I would assume you program produced a tone for the morse coded signal.
Although, I'm sure the board is quite clever, it probably requires to be set to receive a particular rate.
Dwight

Still messing around with this board, a little more research has turned up some useful information. The following advertisement points out the board's components. (this is the closest I can come to finding a manual). Also of note, the advertisement states: "Listen for these SYSTEM 4000 stations on the air: K60J0 is one mentioned on the list. My particular board has K60J0 written on one of the EPROMS and also those call letters are burned into the memory chip. I guess it's safe to say that this board was in use!

Curtis1979.jpgCurtis1979-2.jpg

More good news, another advertisement confirms that a Sol-20 is not necessary to operate this board, it just needs console and I/O patches for any particular system. I've already got CONOUT patched, so perhaps I can work on CONIN. I've discovered a few "hot keys" that will print the call sign on the screen as well as the message "the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" The adverts say that both baudot and Morse is supported, but I haven't figured out how to switch between the two decoding modes, so it's quite possible I've been sending Morse audio as input when it's expecting to receive Baudot. I'm having to learn about amateur radio in the process of playing with this board, lots of new vocabulary.

Jan-78.jpg

More good news, another advertisement confirms that a Sol-20 is not necessary to operate this board, it just needs console and I/O patches for any particular system. I've already got CONOUT patched, so perhaps I can work on CONIN. I've discovered a few "hot keys" that will print the call sign on the screen as well as the message "the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" The adverts say that both baudot and Morse is supported, but I haven't figured out how to switch between the two decoding modes, so it's quite possible I've been sending Morse audio as input when it's expecting to receive Baudot. I'm having to learn about amateur radio in the process of playing with this board, lots of new vocabulary.

View attachment 56218

You might want to ask about this board on the GreenKeys e-mail list. Its really a Teletype list but for HAMS. some one on there might have info, or if you like I can ask for you....

Back