• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Moving - lot of DEC gear for sale

saipan59

Experienced Member
We're moving, and I need to down-size considerably.
I want to sell the following DEC gear as a lot for $2000.
You must be able to pick it up in Colorado Springs.
Everything goes together, please - no cherry-picking. You take it all, and you can dispose of the stuff you don't want.
Here's the highlights:
PDP-8E. Years ago, I was able to key in stuff from the front panel, but it didn't seem to execute. But I think it's not too far from working.
PDP-11/05. The 5V power rail doesn't work, and the core memory is flakey, but years ago I hooked up an external 5V supply, cabled the Unibus to an external DD11 with MOS memory, and booted and ran RT-11 using my RX01 emulator board. The front panel is ugly, but all the switches and lights work. Includes spare CPU and memory-controller cards, but at least some of them don't work.
VT05 terminal. DEC's first general-purpose video terminal. Quite rare, I think. It works, last time I tried.
VT100 terminal. Works.
PDP-11/03-L system box. It's a rack-mountable BA11 chassis with CPU, memory, BDV11, and serial card.
PDT-150. Works. Have a spare CPU board also.
VAXstation 3100-M38.
AlphaStation 200 -4/166.
"Pizza box" storage box. Accepts 3 SCSI SBB disk drives.
About 2 linear feet of microfiche, tech and maint. info. These alone are worths 100's of $$ on eBay. This is mostly "good stuff".
Option Module List books, 4 volumes.
VMS CDs.
Digital Technical Journals - I think it's a complete set.
DEC handbooks - about 4-5 linear feet.
A variety of modules, including Unibus, Q-bus, u-VAX, and some straight-8 flip-chip cards.
Other misc. stuff that you can rummage through, and take what you want.

Also available, but for an additional cost:
Original Commodore PET, 8K RAM, chiclet keyboard. It was my very first computer in 1979.
Atari 800 system.
HP-85.
A home-brew S-100 system that I built, based on a PDP-8i switch panel and vintage LEDs.

Pete
Contact me at:
saipan59
at
Q
dot
com.
Or call:
719 282 1033 (weekends, or evenings before 10PM Mountain)

If I was still in Las Cruces I'd be interested. I moved from there late last year. I will be out to Las Cruces short term for 2 weeks but still
won't have a way to pick up all this stuff. Hopefully you find someone close by who wants it all.

Hi Saipan, if you haven't (someone else possibly will or has as well) but you might also try posting this on the cctalk mailing list. A lot of decheads there.

Back