• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

mrynet.com ftp site down? (ftp.mrynet.com)

VeryVon

Miner 2049'er
Staff member
The mrynet.com ftp site appears down for me, can anyone confirm? Looks to be run by Scott Taylor, anyone have contact info for him? I tried emailing the "webmaster" but seems like a black hole.

Trying to download some morrow software here: https://www.mrynet.com/morrow/software.html I found some disk images on bitsavers, but mrynet has quite a few more programs to offer...

The links on that page weren't working for me. I kept getting 550 errors (No such file or directory) whenever I tried to download anything.

Just tried again this minute and it's suddenly back up.

The downloads would at least start last night. But, today, I either can't keep the connection or the files download 0 bytes and are then listed as "completed" downloads. The server reports itself as running ProFTPD on a UNIX type system that (of course) doesn't understand SSL. I can at least get that much. Haven't been able to get any directories to display.

I also received this message when going to /pub:

250-You are now connected to the mrynet.com/retrosys.net FTP archive.

R E A D T H I S

2019-01-16

Download throttling has been relaxed for per-minute connection
counts. However, the number of connections per IP has been
severely reduced to a single connection. This should alleviate
the issue of users being blocked for quick file perusals, but
there will be no parallel connections allowed at all.

Per-connection bandwidth is also being limited based on the
number of connections to the FTP server.

These changes will allow more users to access the FTP archives
without bulk-transfer downloads monopolising access.

All connections and operations are logged.

if someone has a mirror I can put it up on bitsavers.
it looks like opening up the transfer port is broken even in non-passive mode
i don't have any systems that aren't going through a NAT

I checked and my ftp backups of mrynet.com don't have anything for morrow
the 'humougous' archive on IA only has the web pages, not the ftp content

I've gotten the 425 error too. But only in active mode. Passive mode doesn't produce that error. It just passively hangs on until the connection times out.

Everybody, I've given up on this FTP site. Sorry, but I feel it's a neglected and forgotten corner of the net. I'm switching to this link, where I've just successfully downloaded a file:

https://ia904503.us.archive.org/vie...rious/Morrow Designs Decision files [TD0].zip

I think you should take a close look at this one @VeryVon and Al Kossow. If you find it to your liking, also try it's root:

https://archive.org/download/UnRenamedFiles-Various

Good Night and Good Luck (quoted from a Murrow, not a Morrow.)

Did you find what you needed? If not, what were you specifically looking for? Maybe we can track a copy down for you.

Also, regarding contact info for Scott Taylor, I've found a cryptic reference that indicates you might try emailing to bub7734@gmail.com to see if he responds.

Did you find what you needed? If not, what were you specifically looking for? Maybe we can track a copy down for you.

Also, regarding contact info for Scott Taylor, I've found a cryptic reference that indicates you might try emailing to bub7734@gmail.com to see if he responds.
Thanks for that, I'll try the email.

I was interested in downloading some of the adventure games listed there including Zork and others to see if they would work on this Micro-Decision with ROM 2.3

Wow! I'm glad you didn't give up on the site. I'm surprised at how responsive Scott was and how quickly he was able to make the FTP archive available with HTTP. The links I've tested work for me also.

Thanks go to you @VeryVon for getting the initial call for help out and contacting Scott to restore this archive that functions as a backup of other sites and especially a storehouse for files that are hard to find elsewhere.

I've downloaded all 70 *.td0 images, converted them to *.IMD, *.RAW, *.TXT, and
created directory listings of each floppy. A couple of the images had double stepping,
so those had to be dealt with to allow getting a good Directory listing.

I'll post those zipped files as soon as I get a good internet connection.

I also extracted the CBIOS.MAC file, and corrected the corruption so it could be
used. (All four images that had a copy of CBIOS.MAC were corrupted.)

Larry

Attachments

• dir.txt
    54.7 KB · Views: 2
Sounds like some great work you've done there. Can't wait to see it.

What do you mean? If you're talking about the website's broken links, how is @ldkraemer supposed to fix those?

Or did you mean if Scott Taylor (site owner) would fix them? All the links I've tried in other directories are working at the moment. Do you have one that isn't working, for example?

Back