• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

My collection pales in comparison to many on here, but this is what I got..

BTW. I did a full restoration on a Franklin 1200. Identical to yours except it has two floppies on the top cover plate. I know those models can have a color card, it was missing from the one I was working on. The main issue with the 1200 was a bad keyboard. Besides all the keytronic foam/foil pads needing to be replaced the PCB was installed backwars (ribbon cable has no key) and it blew out some caps, diodes, and logic.... Worst of all the ROM. Thankfully a member was able to send me the ROM file and we fixed it. A pretty nice Apple II clone and I am jealous you own one!

Also that joystic isnt permanently attached (unless I am not seeing some mod) ALL early joystics used a DIP connector to the mother board. You can just pull it out. I have never seen that joytick but it looks very similar to the KRAFT joystics of the time.

Nice video with interesting narration. I watched it to the end - at 2X speed. (and still easy to follow)

BTW. I did a full restoration on a Franklin 1200. Identical to yours except it has two floppies on the top cover plate. I know those models can have a color card, it was missing from the one I was working on. The main issue with the 1200 was a bad keyboard. Besides all the keytronic foam/foil pads needing to be replaced the PCB was installed backwars (ribbon cable has no key) and it blew out some caps, diodes, and logic.... Worst of all the ROM. Thankfully a member was able to send me the ROM file and we fixed it. A pretty nice Apple II clone and I am jealous you own one!

Also that joystic isnt permanently attached (unless I am not seeing some mod) ALL early joystics used a DIP connector to the mother board. You can just pull it out. I have never seen that joytick but it looks very similar to the KRAFT joystics of the time.
Thanks for the info. I don't have any sort of drive solution for that computer which is one of the reasons I haven't messed with it yet. I've seen the ones with the drives on top and they are very very cool. And I meant permanently attached because I haven't taken it apart yet. My cover felt a bit stuck so I thought I'd do some research before I broke something trying to get that cover off.

Thanks for the info. I don't have any sort of drive solution for that computer which is one of the reasons I haven't messed with it yet. I've seen the ones with the drives on top and they are very very cool. And I meant permanently attached because I haven't taken it apart yet. My cover felt a bit stuck so I thought I'd do some research before I broke something trying to get that cover off.
Its an apple II plus clone so get yourself a Cheap apple Disk II floppy drive and Disk II controller card and thats all you need (install in slot 6). From what I remember it just unclipped and popped up (the coveR).

Its an apple II plus clone so get yourself a Cheap apple Disk II floppy drive and Disk II controller card and thats all you need (install in slot 6). From what I remember it just unclipped and popped up (the coveR).
I will give it a shot. Thanks!

Just a recommendation. I have been watching a bunch of your videos. I have heard you say multiple times while doing a video "This is not a retro channel.... but.." Why not create a second channel that is focused on retro things since you obviously have the interest.. If you are afraid of alienating long time subscribers.

That's a good call. I've definitely considered just doing retro stuff. Your very right. My retro stuff drags down my channel but it's where my interests lie. My channel has always been me doing whatever is on my mind at the time. Which definitely breaks the youtube machine and is why my audience is all over the place kind of like my content. I'll definitely think about it. YT is kind of a time suck so I want to be careful not to take it too seriously. Thanks for watching and the feedback. I'm definitely a horrible youtuber :)

Great channel and I envy your collection! Love that Cylon light on the 1000HX! I'm excited to watch your teardown videos, and oddly enough, I have to do a servicing on my wife's Kitchenaid mixer soon, and here you have a video for the same model. What luck!

You mentioned wanting to sell the two 486 machines. Once you get those up for sale, PM me a link if you don't mind. I'd love to have a look and see if one of them is within my means.

Last edited:
That's a good call. I've definitely considered just doing retro stuff. Your very right. My retro stuff drags down my channel but it's where my interests lie. My channel has always been me doing whatever is on my mind at the time. Which definitely breaks the youtube machine and is why my audience is all over the place kind of like my content. I'll definitely think about it. YT is kind of a time suck so I want to be careful not to take it too seriously. Thanks for watching and the feedback. I'm definitely a horrible youtuber :)
Honestly the Retro stuff Is all I would want to watch so keep both sides happy.

Good on you to actually buckly down and do it.. I couldnt find the time if I wanted to... Nor would I want to learn proper video editing.

The day after filming, I got a nicer C64 donor system for $20, so I have my better case. I also picked up an Atari 800XL and MSX2+ for $100 each. So now the only thing on my wish list is one of the more classic (4032 style) Commodore Pets.
That really is a nicely paced video, the Zorba is gorgeous as you said!

Great channel and I envy your collection! Love that Cylon light on the 1000HX! I'm excited to watch your teardown videos, and oddly enough, I have to do a servicing on my wife's Kitchenaid mixer soon, and here you have a video for the same model. What luck!

You mentioned wanting to sell the two 486 machines. Once you get those up for sale, PM me a link if you don't mind. I'd love to have a look and see if one of them is within my means.
I absolutely well. They'll be relatively cheap. I hate shipping stuff but it can be done. I need to go over the pittney bowes one. I think it needs a battery (had a 2032).

Back