• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

My Collection(s)

Flack

Experienced Member
As I stated in my introduction thread, I mainly collect three different things: computers, videogames, and arcade games. Since it's a slow day at work I thought I'd type up a quick post, describing each of these three collections.

Computers (currently owned):

Atari 800
Apple IIe (x3, including a Bell and Howell)
Apple IIc
Franklin Ace 1000 (Apple IIe compatible)
Commodore 64 (x5)
Commodore 64c
Commodore SX64
Commodore 128
Commodore 16
Amiga 500
Amiga 1200
Macintosh Plus
Macintosh 615 (?)
Coco II
486 DX4/100 (for older games and reading/writing C64 disks)
Several Pentium class computers. I'd really like to get a Commodore Plus/4, a PC Jr. and a working TRS-80 Model III.

Videogames:
(Currently, all of these systems are hooked up and playable. All systems' audio run into my tuner and surround sound system. All video runs into a projector and is projected onto a 7' screen.)

Atari 2600 (x6)
Atari 5200
Atari Stunt Cycle
Odyssey II
Intellivision
NES (x4)
Sega SMS
Snes (x3)
Sega Genesis (x12 or more ... I have issues.)
Amiga CD32
Sega Game Gear
Playstation (x5, including a development model)
N64 (x5)
Sega Saturn
Sega Dreamcast (x5)
Playstation 2 (x2)
Nintendo Gamecube
Microsoft Xbox (x2)
SuperGun (custom machine for playing arcade PCB's on regular TV's)
...I'm sure I have others I can't think of off the top of my head. I buy a lot of "lots" of stuff which explains some of the multiple consoles. And sometimes, I just can't say no to a good deal -- I'm sure you can relate!

Console Copiers:
(These are units that connect to consoles and allow you to read/write cartridge info to/from diskettes. These are how "roms" for these systems are dumped. You can also play rom images on the real hardware using these devices:

Multi Game Hunter (Sega Genesis/Super Nintendo)
Tototek Flash Card (Sega Genesis)
CD64 (N64)
V64 aka Doctor 64 (N64)
Z64 (N64)
Super Pro Fighter II (SNES)
Super Wildcard DX (SNES)

...And finally, arcade games (yes, the big 6' heavy suckers):

Aerofighters
Bucky O'Hare
Capcom's Marvel Super Heroes Vs. Street Fighter
Gauntlet II
Heavy Barrel
Karate Champ
MAME Cabinet
MegaForce
Neo Geo: 1 Slot
- Art of Fighting
- Blazing Star
- Double Dragon
- Fatal Fury II
- King of the Monsters
- Samurai Shodown I
- Samurai Shodown II
- Samurai Shodown III
Q*Bert
Rampage World Tour
Rampart
Road Blasters
Road Riot 4WD
Robocop
Shinobi
Shinobi (2)
X-Men

Also in the arcade:

Air Hockey Table
English Mark Darts
Slot Machine (Neo)

Games I've Recently Sold: Baseball, Neo Geo: 2 Slot, Nintendo Vs. Cabinet (Super Mario Bros./Excitebike), Nintendo Vs. Cocktail Cabinet (Super Mario Bros./Dr. Mario), Scramble.

---

The computers and videogame consoles are hooked up upstairs in our den/computer room/home theater/whatever room. The arcade games are in the backyard in a 14x40 building which we have decorated as an arcade.

Pics available of much of it here:

http://www.robohara.com/videogames/

Christmas

Christmas

Hey Terry,

I should be home around Christmas, maybe I can pick up a Tandy or a PC jr then? ;)

-m

Ok, just lemme know for sure, and I'll save one out for ya. Right now, the future status of ComputerHell is unknown from one day to the next. All I know for sure at this point, is that I'm good till the end of this month, with option for next month, upon payment of a modest "storage fee".

--T

Terry Yager said:
I'll give you a PC Jr. if you'll cover the shipping. (This offer applies to anyone else wishing to "rescue" one from the dumpster).

--T

That sounds like a plan to me! Drop me a PM and we can work out the details. I have PayPal and I'm not afraid to use it! :twisted:

The owner of the building has changed the locks, and slapped a "Mechanic's Lein" on the contents for moneys owed to him by the previous tennant (Discount Computers). He is, however, willing to work with me, on a month-to-month basis, for a small "storage fee", until he actually rents the building out, at which point everything goes into the dumpster. My task is to rescue as much of it as I can before it all disappears. (I have a 5' x 10' storage unit to fill, if I can recruit any help).

--T

Terry Yager said:
The owner of the building has changed the locks, and slapped a "Mechanic's Lein" on the contents for moneys owed to him by the previous tennant (Discount Computers). He is, however, willing to work with me, on a month-to-month basis, for a small "storage fee", until he actually rents the building out, at which point everything goes into the dumpster. My task is to rescue as much of it as I can before it all disappears. (I have a 5' x 10' storage unit to fill, if I can recruit any help).

--T

Terry, where are you located?

Terry Yager said:
Unknown_K said:
Any hardware addons for a Tandy 1000 HX?

What are you looking for, the memory board?

--T

I have a 640K board allready (spare would be nice). Basically any plus cards I don't have, especially the SCSI variety. A mouse and joystick compatible with that machine would be nice also.

I guess my unit is upgraded a little. I have the 640K expansion, a serial plus card, both 3.5" internal floppies, the external 5.25" DD drive, and a nice tandy CM-5 monitor (the better one whatever model number that is). Mostly I need mass storage of some kind.

Its a CM-11 monitor, and yes I know they are rare but it does not hurt to ask. In reality a plus to ISA adapter is all I really need since I can probably sourse an 8-bit scsi card with selectable IRQ.

Last I knew (just a few years ago), Radio Shack still could order the adaptors. OTOH, you could easily build one of your own, there's not that much to it. It's just a straight-thru connection from the Plus connector to the ISA bus.

--T

There are adapters to convert a plus card to an ISA card (Think I have one), but I have not seen an adapter that converted an ISA to Plus connection.

Unknown_K said:
There are adapters to convert a plus card to an ISA card (Think I have one), but I have not seen an adapter that converted an ISA to Plus connection.

Mebbe that's what I'm thinking of. Still, building your own adaptor shouldn't be too difficult. I think RS still stock the ISA part, which you could solder onto a 62-pin female header connector. AFAIK, it's a pin-for-pin connection. I have a Memory Plus board around here somewhere. It's an ISA board with the Plus connector. I'll try and look it up later on and see what it looks like.

--T

Terry Yager said:
Oh yeah, I'll extend the offer to various flavors of Tandy 1000s as well (got about a hundred of 'em).

--T

Got any Tandy 1000 SX's with a keyboard and CM-15 Monitor w/640K? I'm toying with the idea of getting a replacement for my first computer to play old AGI titles on.

Mad-Mike said:
Terry Yager said:
Oh yeah, I'll extend the offer to various flavors of Tandy 1000s as well (got about a hundred of 'em).

--T

Got any Tandy 1000 SX's with a keyboard and CM-15 Monitor w/640K? I'm toying with the idea of getting a replacement for my first computer to play old AGI titles on.

I should be able to come up with an SX with keyboard and ???K of RAM. Tandy monitors are a little more scarce, but there are a number of generic-type CGA monitors.

--T

Back