• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

My Computer Obsession

Speaking of B, what model B series is that in two of the photos?

Wow - good eye :)

That would be my Commodore B128 - all original in working condition - one of the few computers I never had to fix/restore. I got it "untested" as i typically buy, but it turned out to be fully functional.
I was going to attach one of the MSD drives to it via IEEE interface to load some programs but haven't gotten around to it as of yet :)

Wow - good eye :)

That would be my Commodore B128 - all original in working condition - one of the few computers I never had to fix/restore. I got it "untested" as i typically buy, but it turned out to be fully functional.
I was going to attach one of the MSD drives to it via IEEE interface to load some programs but haven't gotten around to it as of yet :)
I have a lot of disk images for that machine on vintagecomputer.net. They're .D80's so you'll need either an 8050 drive or a emulator device of some sort.

I have a lot of disk images for that machine on vintagecomputer.net. They're .D80's so you'll need either an 8050 drive or a emulator device of some sort.
Thank you for that. I'm going to save your URL. :)
I actually have a lot of files for the 128B that I downloaded from zimmers.
I don't have an issue breaking up D80 files. I use DirMaster in Windows
As I mentioned, I put this aside due to time constraints, but my initial thought was to dump files onto PetSD and just connect that to the 128B via IEEE - I just don't know if I have to change the initial memory address. If so, I figured I can use the hex tool in DiskMaster to find the starting address and edit it appropriately - then save the edited file.
Then I thought it would be fun to use one of my MSD drives since they all have both serial and IEEE interfaces.

So many options... :)

Back