• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

My limited collection of old pcs

Nick_Zravre

Experienced Member
My collection currently consists of:

(2) Not sure about second one's ram...)IBM XT 5160(64kb ram, cga card, original hdd, 1.2 fdd, 1.44 fdd)
Tandy 1400LT(DOA, needs repair to power supply, 768 KB ram, 2 720 KB fdd, NEC V20)
Tandy 2500 XL/2(4MB ram, 80186, 1.2 FDD, needs original 1.44 fdd to boot again...)
IBM 300PL(256MB ram, 500MHZ PIII)
Custom(512MB ram, 2.4 Celeron, 1.44 FDD, DVD+RW/CDRW, CDRW)
HeathKit 3400
TRS-80 Model 1, Level 2
Epson HX-20 with case

Tandy AlienChase(tabletop)
PacMan (Handheld)
PacMan 2 (hendheld)
Atari 2600
Sega Genesis
GameBoy
Sega Dreamcast
Nintendo Gamecube

Last edited:
The power problem with the 1400LT is a common one, and fairly simple to fix. It is caused by leaving dead batteries in the machine, while running on AC power.

--T

Yeah, I also have to make repairs the the ac adaptor jack. The 1400LT was in terrible condition when I recieved it, there are still a few dead insects that I'm finding in the case.

Nice collection.
I love my 1400LT!

I would love to get my hands on a 2500..hehe:eek:ha:
So do I! I bought my 1400LT brand-new sometime around 1990. I used it for everything, and eventually it became the central piece of my Amateur Radio packet station. I still have it, but the battery is stone-cold dead. If you plug it in to the wall outlet, it fires right up.

I now have another 1400LT that I acquired from a fellow ham that was moving. I also got a Tandy 1400FD and an IBM 5140 from him. I haven't tried to boot any of the three to see what works and what doesn't though.

So do I! I bought my 1400LT brand-new sometime around 1990. I used it for everything, and eventually it became the central piece of my Amateur Radio packet station. I still have it, but the battery is stone-cold dead. If you plug it in to the wall outlet, it fires right up.

I now have another 1400LT that I acquired from a fellow ham that was moving. I also got a Tandy 1400FD and an IBM 5140 from him. I haven't tried to boot any of the three to see what works and what doesn't though.
Good stuff.
Have you seen my 5140?
I need a drive, i'll buy yours from ya..lol
PM if you want to sell it.

Be sure to unplug the dead battery pack, to save your power board.

I have a 2500RLX (I think) in storage, free for shipping. GONE

I also need a floppy drive (or belt) for my Tandy 1100FD, if anyone has one.

--T

Last edited:
I will be making repairs to my Tandy 1400LT, or I'm thinking of another one that is in better shape for $25. I haven't cleaned the Tandy 2500's floppy disk drive yet, I haven't even gotten around to that one, I've been trying to clean up my XT. The Tandy can wait, it isn't rusting.

Back