• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

My Logical Devices "Palet"- eprom programmer in cpu trainer/SBC form factor

mountainking

Experienced Member
I'm always on the hunt for the unique, I'm also a huge fan of microprocessor trainers and SBCs, so when I saw this on ebay for $60 a year ago I just had to have it. When I first saw the thumbnail pic of it I thought "micro trainer!" But then I clicked on the pic and saw that it was actually an eprom programmer, a Logical Devices Palet to be precise. The unique thing about it is that it has all of the earmarks of a microprocessor/cpu trainer- no enclosure, rubber feet on the bottom of the board, power supply hardwired into board, hex keypad, seven segment led display and interfacing header. I have never seen an eprom programmer in this form factor, have any of you? None of the other Logical Devices programmers look anything like this one, seems like an odd design choice, I have to imagine that there is a definite, particular reason for them making it this way, I know that the trainers and SBCs that used this form factor did so as a way to save money so that they could sell them cheaply, so I suppose they could have done it for that reason. I couldn't find any info on the Palet, I tried emailing Logical Devices to see if they had a manual or any other info on it but I never got a response, and unfortunately I am currently unable to dump the eprom data to see if it would shed any light on this cool, little (approx. 10" x 6") machine.

Even though I don't know anything about this "bit of kit", I love it 😁. I like I said before, I dig unique pieces.

Attachments

• 20230522_182048.jpg
    20230522_182048.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 17
  • 20230522_182038.jpg
    20230522_182038.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 17
  • 20230522_182028.jpg
    20230522_182028.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Back