• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

My research about graphics of the Pro

Just to make record of the information, I think we can get even higher resolution (slightly more than 480) in the vertical direction. The video generator seems to support both NTSC and PAL. There is a line mode setting that controls the number of scan lines and vertical timing. Recall NTSC is a 525 scan line system while PAL is 625 lines. The frames in NTSC are interfaced, so two fields each with half the lines (263) are delivered at 60 fields/sec or 30 frames/sec. A PAL field is 313 lines at 50 fields/sec or 25 frames/sec. Recall also that the visible raster is a smaller number of lines to allow for the vertical blanking interval and other nonvisible data to be transmitted in broadcast video. For NTSC, 480 lines are visible and 576 are visible in PAL. That’s 240 displayed lines per field in NTSC. Below are the line mode options. Note the 512 visible line mode.

#Visible #Lines Interlace Rate
240 263 no 60
256 313 no 50
240 525 yes 30
256 625 yes 25
480 525 yes 30
512 625 yes 25

Amazingly, I took downloaded the RT-11 image, loaded it into my DREM, and set the disk geometry parameters for a 33MB disk. It booted! I have a working RT-11 image now on my PRO 380. The Help lists the available commands. It seems very similar to the PRO/Toolkit. If we can get your code into a disk image, I can load the whole image.

Is there a proper way to shut down a RT-11 system?

I have attached the sources (helloworld is included) to this post. BTW RT-11 v5.7 is available too . It has several issues but it is Y2K compliant (v5.3 is not) and has Macro-11. It also contains the ZM monitor but xhomer failed to run it. Your hardware may be able to take advantage of this most advanced monitor.
The disk image with RT-11 v5.7 contains famous game LAND but it doesn't correctly work under xhomer. Perhaps the SAV is corrupted too.
It would be great to start with the number π... Thanks in advance.

Amazingly, I took downloaded the RT-11 image, loaded it into my DREM, and set the disk geometry parameters for a 33MB disk. It booted! I have a working RT-11 image now on my PRO 380. The Help lists the available commands. It seems very similar to the PRO/Toolkit. If we can get your code into a disk image, I can load the whole image.

Is there a proper way to shut down a RT-11 system?
RT-11 is like MS-DOS or CP/M, just turn the power off.

Attachments

• profiles.zip
    2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Some of the cut-down ports ran in 1 MB or so, but they were pretty cut-down - and there's still the question of what kind of framerates you could expect on a 10MHz (really, in non-four-phase speak, 2.5MHz) J11.

I loaded up ran both vpro0.sav and vpro1.sav. Both exited with the message that they were unable to find the video system. The tech manuals says the video registers on the 380 are at 17775400 - 17775426. I recall you were using 175400.

I loaded up ran both vpro0.sav and vpro1.sav. Both exited with the message that they were unable to find the video system. The tech manuals says the video registers on the 380 are at 17775400 - 17775426. I recall you were using 175400.
Sorry. It was my miss. I forgot to fix my code for the 380. The EBO IDs are different for the 325/350 and 380. The fixed programs and sources (with correct line ends) are attached. Would you like to run TVID at first? It must show IDs for all system slots. There is some inconsistency in the documentation about this ID for the 380 EBO. So it is interesting to get what TVID will print.
TGRPH and TGRPH1 (TGRAPH MAG=1) should show color boxes. The one that fills the top half of the display is the correct one. It will be worth to get a screenshot and check whether it contains all the colors.

Attachments

• tpro380.zip
    4 KB · Views: 2
By the way I fired up that RT11 on my real 380. It boots, XM works (I have 1.5mb of memory on the Pro), but Land fails with a message of:
W TAKIH USLOQWIQH RABOTATX NE MOGU

Probably Russian. Also the PI.SYS driver does not have any macro file so I don't know what it is, but it takes up 14kb of memory which is a lot....

TVID ran successfully with the following output:

F8000101
F8800004
F9000004
F9800026
FA000026
FA800026
FB000010

The TGRPH and TGRPH1 programs still cannot find the video system. I'm just starting to review the mac files, now in more readable format. :)

After reviewing the code, I wonder if you are generating the full IDR address. You populate the lower 16 bits, but what about the upper 6 bits in 0x3FF800 for the full 22-bit address of the IDR? Don't you need to index it or does that occur by some other mechanism?

By the way I fired up that RT11 on my real 380. It boots, XM works (I have 1.5mb of memory on the Pro), but Land fails with a message of:
W TAKIH USLOQWIQH RABOTATX NE MOGU

Probably Russian. Also the PI.SYS driver does not have any macro file so I don't know what it is, but it takes up 14kb of memory which is a lot....
It is good to know that your 380 is ready to use RT-11. :) Land missed the video card. The game seeks for the ID byte = 2 which is the card ID for the 325/350 but the 380 card uses another ID.
I agree that it is very odd that PI.SYS (the terminal emulator) uses so much room and isn't placed beyond the base 64 KB. Maybe there is a way to make the last...

Last edited:
TVID ran successfully with the following output:

F8000101
F8800004
F9000004
F9800026
FA000026
FA800026
FB000010

The TGRPH and TGRPH1 programs still cannot find the video system. I'm just starting to review the mac files, now in more readable format. :)
There is a chance that the video card ID is $26, not $28. Would you like to replace $28 (40) in TGRPH.MAC (line 24) with $26 (38), compile it and run? If we have a little bit of luck we will get colored boxes. ;)
EDIT You can also extend the range of the scan addresses. You need to increase the value in TVID.MAC line 14 (=7). Maybe this allows us to get the ID that corresponds the documentation, $128.

Last edited:
I have just checked PI.MAC, it contains information that the 380 video card must have ID = 0x28 (0x228 with EBO).

EDIT. Maybe we should start scan from 0xF700? It seems I am running out of options. :(

Last edited:
I am going to setup the ODT debug port and directly read the IDR address to see if it matches the TVID results, one of numbers in the tech manual or something else.

Back