• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

nashida Radio products showing up on ebay

VERAULT

Veteran Member
So I decided to roll the dice and try one of those generic apple II Floppy emulators from China. I received it in a std bubble wrap envelope with no documentation. IT came with a 256MB sd card and upon testing the device, it works and boots to DOS 3.3. Examining the PCB it says SDISK //, SDISK2CN and 2013 Nahida Radio. I cannot find a working website to Nashida Radio, they are all down for some reason so I cannot find any documentation on proper usage of this thing. I have a suspicion this is a copy of their product judging by the bad soldering, and the fact the the F1 component just has a piece of wire bridging it (ill be sure to remedy that)

20190830_121329.jpg

Can anyone shed light on this product or the Other Nashida Radio items?
A2central.com has a page and links to the products but they are broken as well.
https://a2central.com/3446/nishida-radios-apple-ii-adapters/

Can anyone shed light on this product or the Other Nashida Radio items?

Ermm well the guy that was running/making Nishida was ill, and had to give it away.. (that is retire from the field) I think he folded the website fairly recently...

I built some of those many years ago, and actually sold a few kits to users on this site. It works but is very limited.

Some others have added some functionality and buttons and continued the project.

I did a layout of the updated design a few months back I sold the 30 I had made mostly as bare boards.
I have another 20 coming that I tacked on to the order for the production cards of the hard drive emulator I designed, I should have them in a few days.

sdiskII.jpg

I did a layout of the updated design a few months back I sold the 30 I had made mostly as bare boards.
I have another 20 coming that I tacked on to the order for the production cards of the hard drive emulator I designed, I should have them in a few days.

View attachment 55658

Very interesting! Do you have a schematic/web page about it? Any bare board left?

Thanks
Frank IZ8DWF

I built some of those many years ago, and actually sold a few kits to users on this site. It works but is very limited.

Some others have added some functionality and buttons and continued the project.

have any documentation on the usage of my device?

Put me on the list for an updated one, David.
I'm still waiting on the new board order to arrive but I have two left from the last order. PM me.

Very interesting! Do you have a schematic/web page about it? Any bare board left?
I based my design on this
https://github.com/suaide/SDisk2/tree/master/firmware

have any documentation on the usage of my device?

No but there isnt much you need to know.
Yours is a clone of the original design that only supported a single floppy image. DSK images need to be converted to a custom format using a program call DSK2NIC.EXE

No but there isnt much you need to know.
Yours is a clone of the original design that only supported a single floppy image. DSK images need to be converted to a custom format using a program call DSK2NIC.EXE

It only supports one image per sdcard? What about 32mb hard drive partitions, does it have that capability?

It only supports one image per sdcard? What about 32mb hard drive partitions, does it have that capability?

No it only supports 5.25" floppy images.

If you want a hard drive emulator I just started shipping my new hard drive emulator card with beta firmware that can be updated in system with a flashupdate utility.

20190906_144907.jpg

It supports prodos or gsos images as either a prodos block device or smartport. It can have eight simultaneous devices up to 32MB in size. Under gsos it can even mount large ISO images as a virtual drive.
I'm selling them for US$50 plus $5 postage, the production firmware should be ready in about 6-8 weeks but the beta firmware is working pretty solid it just lacks a few minor features

Last edited:
Back