• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

NEC Versa 4050c laptop

pcm2a

Experienced Member
I picked up this sweet NEC Versa 4050c 90mhz pentium laptop off ebay for $25 shipped. It has a 2.1gb drive, 40mb of ram. It came with a docking station thing and both floppy and cdrom drive although the floppy doesn't seem to work. Also came with a modem with 10meg lan adapter! I have multiple old laptops but none are pentium or with a sound card. I installed some duke nukem 3d for a test and took a picture for you guys.

Attachments

• 20131005_133740.jpg
    20131005_133740.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 4
I never understand why some people are just too lazy to rotate their pictures so they are at least worthwhile to look at. Or maybe they don't really want us to look? :)

Thanks for that, I'm as disgusted as you are. On my pc that shows up the correct orientation. I hunted for an option to rotate it in this forums album but couldn't find a way. Quit being lazy and turn your monitor 90 degrees?

You must be viewing it with something special that gives it the non-native orientation cause even after I save it locally it still is 90° off.

I have a small stack of NEC Versa machines, absolutely hate that they all have different and odd power plugs. Decent built machines except for the rubber feet turning to goo on some of them.

Took the picture with my S3 phone, transferred it to my macbook and uploaded it. Didnt touch it with anything. Same method as every other pic I've posted.

I have that exact same model, and I'm having problems with the floppy disk drive in the docking station also! Has anyone figured out the solution to this problem?

I am plugging the floppy drive into the laptop and not into a docking station. I think the rubber band pulley is probably broken in there.

i agree with you i never understand why some people are just too lazy to rotate their pictures so they are at least worthwhile to look at. Or maybe they don't really want us to look? nice post

Back