• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Need Help Identifying This Multifunction Card

Tim Wellman

I just pulled this from a dead (but intact) 5160... but I don't know the manufacturer of the card. Those are 4164 memory chips, and as you can see, there are a couple of chips missing from sockets near the front of the card, but I'm assuming the card worked without them (one holds a second 8250 for the onboard com port connection) since the rest of the computer is intact. I've gone through everything I know to search for on google and ebay, ct-6050, 6050, etc... even the date on the card (1985). The logo looks like two hooded heads, both facing right, with a circle in the middle). I'd like to find a manual, or even some info on this card... back in the 80's I couldn't afford anything with this much memory on it :) Thanks!

multi1.jpg

multi2.jpg

It's a Twinhead multifunction board. It's configured very similarly to an AST Six Pack, but obviously not identical. The open sockets are for a second serial port, with the large chip being an 8250 and the others probably being line drivers for the serial port.

I haven't found online documentation yet, but this should help a bit. Also, Terry's suggestion to check the FCC ID is a good one. You can find the company that manufactured it, not just the one that marketed it.

tachyon

thanks for the quick response, guys, much appreciated. And nope, no fcc-id... if it was on the card ever, it must have been on a sticker that was removed at some point :) But, I'll do some searching for Twinhead... there are a couple of dip switches on there that I really need a manual for.

the same computer had a vintage 1984 Hercules graphics card, too... someone sunk a bunch of money into this thing around 20 years ago :)

Back