• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Need help sourcing this rocker switch!

VERAULT

Veteran Member
So the power switch on my commodore PET 2001-8 just seized up and broke. I got the thing out and thought I had a similar rocker switch that would fit, but nope!

Can someone please help me source a new power switch?IMG_20180607_204941945_HDR.jpg

Looks the same as a bag of Chineesium rocker switches. I'm assuming that the bulkhead retention "ears" have been broken off.

How about some specifics? Dimensions? Illuminated? (Is this a SPDT switch or a SPST with illumination?)

Looks the same as a bag of Chineesium rocker switches. I'm assuming that the bulkhead retention "ears" have been broken off.

How about some specifics? Dimensions? Illuminated? (Is this a SPDT switch or a SPST with illumination?)

Chuck no illumination, just on off. Only two posts were connected. Not sure as to why they used this switch. Yep I broke the ears off to make getting it out easier.. Tight fit behind that massive transformer.

Because they were cheaper and more common than SPST switches.

Those switches are as common as dirt, except that they come in both inch and metric standards. Ratio Shahbaz (thank you auto correct) used to sell suitable replacements. Mouser, Digikey, Farnell, etc.. have them but like Chuck (G) wrote, you'll have to measure it. Once you have dimensions it should be a piece of cake finding one.

Chris is "looks right" but so do some of the ones I have and they are a couple mm off and dont fit. Problem is that one doesnt list the measurements.

So what are your measurements for the switch?

An interesting sidelight on the Chineseium ones--the 2-terminal non-illuminated ones are exactly the same in construction as the 3-terminal illuminated ones. The difference is the terminal and inclusion of a small neon lamp. The actuator itself is the same. The strange thing is that the neon-lamp ones are a little cheaper.

Argh--I need to be more specific. These things are designed to be a loose fit with the "ears" securing them. What's the size of the hole?

One of the Chinese ones will be a close fit, if my calipers are to be believed (I've got one such Chinese specimen here)

Epay item 253505321180 for the non-illuminated variety.

Item 172701100119 for the illuminated variety.

Cheep!

Back