• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Need help with UVD video board for CoCo model 1

mrclassicman

History is I purchased 5 UVD clone boards from PCBway for the Mark Data video drive mod. The problem I am having is that there is no horizontal sync! The adjustment on the monitor comes close but will not bring it in line. I can see or tell that the video information appears very sharp and crisp though. One other issue which seems to be possibly related is that the monitor blanks out after approximately 20 seconds. My thought is that the sync signal is not showing up for some reason and secondly the input to the monitor maybe over driven. If anyone has any input or suggestions as to the problem here I would happily receive them. So far I have pulled the board, checked all of the values of the components, confirmed the connections to the computer and confirmed the 5v power to the board. Everything checks out except for the connection to the MC1372. One set of instructions states connection to pin one but the Mark Data instructions show the connection to pin 8 of the MC1372. I went with the Mark Data instructions.

Back