• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

need some mfm / rll help!

I'd prefer that a thread dead for more than 6 months be moved to an archive section automatically. Leaving old threads around in "current" sections just adds to the clutter--and that date is very small on my display.

I'd prefer that a thread dead for more than 6 months be moved to an archive section automatically. Leaving old threads around in "current" sections just adds to the clutter--and that date is very small on my display.
By "archive section", I presume that you imply that the threads in it would be locked - searchable but locked.

Now all I need is the address to access the low level format..
If the ROM does have low-level format code in it, the initiating address may be in another Compaq Deskpro document.

You could try SpeedStor 6.03 software, as it contains low-level format code in it.
Available from http://members.dodo.com.au/~slappanel555/software.htm
On running, choose 'ManualSetup', define the drive, then 'Initialize' then 'StandardInit'.

By "archive section", I presume that you imply that the threads in it would be locked - searchable but locked.

I'd not prefer that- even if someone finds the solution after 2 years- I'd say it be better if posted in the original thread- so its archived.

OT: Diskmanager should be able to fix this, or not?

stale

stale

Maybe the solution would be for people to close of threads when the OP is happy ?
Stale threads can be a pain, I agree, but, if after years of waiting, someone picks it up and says, 'Oh, wait, it's the blue wire, not the red' or points you to something on uFray, would you really want to miss that.
Besides, there's lots of entertainment value in picking on people that 'discover' a stale thread.
patscc
(done it myself :) )

Back