• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Needed: Cromenco C10 Bootdisk

mister-freeze

Hi,

My Bootdisk for the C10 is damaged, the Backup Disk has some Read Errors. System ist not able to create a Copy of the Backup Disk and I can´t create an Image to Save the Rest of the Backup Disk.

I need a working Bootdisk. Please Help !!!

Greetings
Christian
Munich/Bavaria

I assume you mean a CromeMco C-10? ;-)

Can't you manually create a new disk, file by file, from the two disks you do have?

Marcus has at least one C-10 disk on his site with the necessary files on it:
http://maben.homeip.net/static/S100/cromemco/code/disks/index.html

He will probably read this anyway; maybe he can mail you a disk.

I have a fair bit of C-10 documentation, but can't locate the disks at the moment; I'll keep my eyes open though.

Good luck!

mike

Ouch ! :wallbang:Cro-:wallbang:meM:wallbang:Co ! That´s why i didn´t find any infos.

Thanks for your reply.

If i try to copy the booting disk, i will get a read error message. I didn´t found any tools on the disk to format a disk or to make a disk bootable. I tried tio make a disk image, but teledisk and imd didn´t read the disk (100s of error messages).

I hope Marcus can help me.

Christian

Hmm.. I see your problem: Marcus only has the files or a TAR archive on his site, but I can't find a bootable image. The first part of Copydisk formats diskettes, but I don't remember how to make one bootable; presumably bootC10.sys is the file, but how to get it on your disk...

I think you just missed Marcus this morning; maybe he'll have something for you when he logs in again.

Good luck!

mike

Er this brings me to the "old chesnut" of the virtually uncopyable Cromemco diskettes.

As you all know track 0, sector 0 is in Single density with the rest of the diskette tracks in Double Density format.

Currently even my Dunfield Image Disk program seems to fail to be able to image my cromemco disks.

Even if it could then you would need a Dunfield capable PC to generate a suitable diskette image.

So for now, if you post me a personal email I can do my best to make you a real diskette and post it along.

I have a PC that will do the mixed formats. They're also needed to read and write disks for the Tandy 6000.

Hi, Thanks for your reply

I have a pc that is imagedisk capable. Is there a way to create a working disk from image ?
---
Most PCs are Imagedisk capable; the problem is that not many are capable of writing single-density FM, which is what all Cromemco disks use on the first track regardless of the format of the rest of the disk. Although many other systems also used SD FM, Cromemco disks add another complication: the sectors are packed very closely together and many controllers can't handle that very well.

And of course you would need a C10 boot disk image ;-)

m

Mission Completed !

With Help from Marcus i have a complete working Bootdisk now !:happy3:

Normally my Diskstation is SD FM capable, i repeated trying to make an image, but these disks are very special......

Regards,
Christian

Back