• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

New 5.25" DS/DD floppy disks for sale

Plasma

Veteran Member
I'm not personally selling these, just want to give a heads up for anyone interested. Most of you are familiar with the Athana 5.25" DS/DD floppies. I think they were the last company still producing them new.

Coleman's Military Surplus is selling cases of 500 for $150. If you need a bunch of floppies, I think this is the best price you will find anywhere per disk. After shipping and tax I paid $183.

My order was just delivered so I can confirm that they are actually in stock as the website says. I also have a one-time coupon for 10% off, which I will give to the first person to PM me.

Yes, 50 shrinkwrapped boxes of 10 each with sleeves and labels.

I will note that the labels don't stick very well. Probably going to buy some generic address labels and black stickers for write protect.

Thank you! Just ordered 50 and a geiger counter lol! Not a bad deal tbh... Don't hurt to have extras for the Apple IIs.=)

Nice, thanks for the heads up!
I now also have 10% code for someone - message me for it if you can use it.

Nice. Now I can realize my bucket-list dream of writing each and every Eamon adventure to physical media, just because. Without paying $2 per disk. :3

I'm going to have to get a bigger disk box, though............

If the dimensions are for a two pack, then each case would be about the size of a case storing 50 3.5" disks.

Hmm maybe. BTW I still have a coupon available for anybody that wants it.

I wonder how many they have. Hopefully their e-commerce software is smart enough not to oversell :)

Back