• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

new 8088 irc server testing

linemanduke

Veteran Member
using ircdlite and my new found smc 8/16 network card ive set up my IBM PC/XT as an irc server. i need people to test it so if you irc and feel the notion to kick obsolescence in the butt. drop in room #xtirc on server/ip 24.126.233.210. if it doesn't let you on during the day come back around 4pm est and it will be up. most likely :p. hope to see you there linemanduke A.K.A duked.

Last edited:
I'll try it! Starts tomorrow, right? I'll do it (2pm my time). Until when?

In the meantime, will you help me test my filezilla server? 75.54.102.140 tester/tester

I think I have all the settings right. I'm a bit rusty these days, haven't used an FTP server in a while.

Nathan

awesome linemanduke!!! running the IRCDLITE program i've been writing. :mrgreen:

i'm on your server now. hopefully it runs for a long time. i don't think i've even mentioned IRCDLITE here. i canned DOSIRCD a while back because because i wanted to start fresh and make a more efficient IRC server for DOS. IRCDLITE is still easily in it's "alpha" stages, but as lineman is proving by running it on his XT.. it's very usable already. :)

Back