• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • Exhibitor application for VCF West 2022 is now open! If you are interested in exhibiting, please fill out the form here.
  • Here are the results of the VCF East 2022 Post Event Survey: Survey Results

New member from Sweden

Michanek

Hello, my name is Thomas Michanek and I'm a retro computer collector and user from Sweden.
I started using an Apple II and a Swedish ABC80 computer in 1979, and I have since a few years back revisited this hobby :)
I focus on Apples and the Luxor ABC computers, but I have a varied collection of micro computers before the (IBM) PC era.
I can try to answer questions about the Swedish micro computers.
I'm also a member of several retro computing Facebook groups, where you might have encountered me.

Regards,
/Thomas

daver2

Veteran Member
Welcome Thomas,

I used to visit Nyköping quite regularly. Trying to write C code using a Swedish keyboard used to be fun... I can’t remember now whether it was the {} or [] character pairs that were a bit weird in their placement?

I enjoyed my time in Sweden!

Dave

Michanek

Dave,
Nyköping is quite close my home town, Linköping. That keyboard thing depends on how long ago it was, I don't think modern Swedish keyboards have a weird placement of the brackets. But if you go way back in time, when only ASCII was used, the Swedish characters 'å' and 'ä' replaced the brackets.