• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Next step: making a disk image of the hard drive!

Using ADTPRO as a transfer software, what other software/steps do I need to take to backup my IIGS's hard drive?
Once you've asked ADTPro to transfer the image, copy that image somewhere. That image _is_ your backup. You can review its contents with the likes of CiderPress or AppleCommander, zip it (or not), and stash it somewhere. You can send that image back to the IIgs' hard drive any time you like to get back to that exact same point in time you transferred it.

Darn. I heard Asmiov was a good program to use but when I downloaded it from Ninja Force it was in .shk format. It won't transfer properly over ADTPRO without complaint. What should I do?

Well, what were the complaints in ADT? Might help in troubleshooting.

What about getting Asmiov (Asimov?) over to a Mac and then to the GS?

Darn. I heard Asmiov was a good program to use but when I downloaded it from Ninja Force it was in .shk format. It won't transfer properly over ADTPRO without complaint. What should I do?
.shk is ShrinkIt format; it's like .zip for Apple II's. You need to UnShrink it and then get it written to a disk image. It's going to be a bit of a multi-step process. Are you still trying to back up your disk drive? Asimov isn't quite the right tool for that...

I noticed there's a back-up tool on the hard drive already. I'm pretty sure the first partition will only take up 4 physical floppy disks.

Back