• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Next Without For podcast

retrobits

Experienced Member
Hi there folks,

Next Without For, a podcast dedicated to programming of "old" computers, is now on the air:

http://www.nextwithoutfor.org

The first episode (Show 000) covers dBase III Plus version 1.1.

The podcast is scheduled to air monthly. There is an RSS feed, and it's also available on iTunes or for direct download at the blog site above.

I'm actively looking for news and feedback regarding your favorite languages, tools and environments for programming vintage computers. Please send to earl@nextwithoutfor.org.

Have a great day!

- Earl

Very much looking forward to this, will subscribe immediately.

I retroprogram on old IBM PCs, and my weapon of choice is Turbo Pascal 7 (because it allows me to link in assembler objects and also code assembler in-line when needed, plus it is a very fast IDE that allows me to perform both source-level and register-level debugging).

Good to hear Earl. Fall will be here soon and with it will come my annual retro computing season. I could use some "Retrobits Family of Podcasts" podcasts to inspire me.

Thanks!

Earl,

Great Podcast on Dbase III.

Just to let you know that we still run a small database at work in Dbase III.
When we switched to 64 Bit windows, I was afraid that I would have to rewrite it
in a newer language. But found out that it works fine on 64 Bit Windows by using
DosBox. So we continue to use it. Hey - it works, so why change.

Bill
Smithville, NJ

Back