• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Nice 486 for sale

Looks like a very nice machine. :D

NEC MultiSync: too many stickers on it for my taste. :D

Last edited:
There is nothing "IBM AT style" about that computer. It doesn't even have an AT-style keyboard port!

A lot of people use the term IBM XT for anything <80286 and IBM AT AT for anything >8086 in the MS-DOS / Windows era. :D

Sometimes "AT" can refer to software compatibility. But on eBay, motherboards and cases that are a standard AT or ATX form factor (rather than proprietary) are often more desirable. So it is a good idea to clearly and correctly note that selling point.

Good luck with that. I find that the more people do not accurately describe items the better. This leaves many bargains to be found for people who are willing to perform complex searching or who "photo surf". :D

It sold for $178. That is a lot. :D

eBay keeps surprising me. Sometimes you can get such good deals but sometimes things are really expensive. :cool:

As long as the buyer seller are happy with the deal that's all that really matters. May well have been someone who had the same or a similar machine in the '90s. Although there's a lot of plastic in these systems they are well put together. I've got an earlier model which the PO maxed out the ram and cpu on. Hasn't missed a beat since I've owned it.

Back