• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Old Macintosh software; Are they worth anything?

Frankie

Experienced Member
I have some old Macintosh software that I would like to sell on either ebay or craigslist. Before I post them up, I would like to get an idea on how much there worth...

1. Canvas 3.5 w/ Manual booklet and original box
2. After Dark 2.0 w/ original box
3. DesignCAD 2D/3D - don't know if all the floppies are included

I don't have a macintosh so I have no way of knowing if the floppies are still good. So how much do you think there worth?

Last edited:
Loose disks are worth very little, disks with manuals are worth a couple bucks, boxed and complete worth a bit more. Unless you have something very collectable few will pay much for it. I kind of wish the stuff was worth a little more so people would not just toss it in the trash like they normally do. Quite often people keep the machines and junk everything else.

I collect old mac software and over the years it has been easy to snag boxed apps for very little over shipping costs even for major name applications. Even on ebay I don't see much software selling for more then the cost of a dinner at the most. Games seem to sell better then old apps.

I think there was only one version of Designcad for mac, I used to use the DOS version on a PC in the mid 1990's at a job. Is your Designcad boxed and complete?

I only have the floppies for DesignCAD but I'm not sure if I have the complete set.

I guess I'll try selling them on craigslist then, at least if they don't sell I won't waste any money...

For cheap things like that you are better off with locals since shipping adds to the cost.

If nobody wants them I would offer media mail shipping to keep them out of the trash, but hopefully you have a mac collector in that area who wants them.

Back