• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Old Portable - V-marc 88

dabone

Veteran Member
I had someone bring this to me the week. After charging it for a hour or so I got it to come on and run some reports.

Anybody want this??
$5.00 +shipping.

0603011848.jpg

0603011849.jpg

Nice samsonite carry case, extra paper and manuals.

Later,
dabone

Seriously odd system lol. Have any insight to what it does? Even the bigger sites don't seem to have much knowledge of what it was used for, other than one seemingly upset facebook user.

Adding to the list of trustworthy sales, got the system from dabone. Very well packed and good person. It's a weird system. Haven't gotten it to power on yet lol but it runs off of nicad batteries (from 1985) so I'm guessing that may be an issue ;-) Very cool that it has documentation with it. Looks like it's got the system documentation itself then documentation for several software packages that it doesn't currently have and one that it does. Dabone, do you know much about the system or from the dude that came with it? Don't suppose they'd have the other software? Just curious, until it's charged or powered on won't make much of a difference. I'm curious with all the blank modules whether they have anything on them. Sounds like the system has the ability to check the cartridges and it won't let you select them if they are truly empty still.

Still looking forward to playing with it more and seeing what it does.

I friend got it from a client, and I powered it on by leaving it plugged in for a day. The blank modules are exactly that, just plastic fillers for the holes with nothing electrical.
It was most likely used only for the software that was installed, for financial planning, by the company that had it, but they would have other software for other companies.

Later,
dabone

Back