• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Olivetti M20 Disk drive issues

olivetti

Hello,

i am an somehow happy owner of two Olivetti M20´s (M20ST & M20DES (german DATEV version) )

Unfortunately both machines seems to have issues with the OPE disk drives. I am unable to boot the PCOS floppy disks. On one
of the M20 Drive0´s is on full speed all the time. The other drives operate (as far as i can judge) normally.

Does anybody have an idea what can be done or have an contact where i can send the drives for repair?

Thanks!

Hello,

i am an somehow happy owner of two Olivetti M20´s (M20ST & M20DES (german DATEV version) )

Unfortunately both machines seems to have issues with the OPE disk drives. I am unable to boot the PCOS floppy disks. On one
of the M20 Drive0´s is on full speed all the time. The other drives operate (as far as i can judge) normally.

Does anybody have an idea what can be done or have an contact where i can send the drives for repair?

Thanks!

If you can't find someone closer to you in Germany, I could probably service/repair the 5.25" floppy drives for you, as long as they are a common model, and parts are available (or you have an extra drive/s that can be used for parts).

I'm in California, in the US, and shipping back and forth will probably more than the charge for the repair, so only contact me if you can't find someone closer to you who can help you.

thanks for your Reply!

In the meantime i´ve got a working M20 so i could cross check the drives. The drives are working!

It seems to be an issue with the power supply. Instead of 5V Output, it only provides 4,6V which obviously causing the issues.

You might try contacting Chris at chris@groessler.org.
Do you know if you have 40 pr 80 track drives?
If they are 40, most any 360K drive should work.
Are these original disk or ones you created from images?
Dwight

Back