• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

One sticky key!

Ogma

Hey gang!

Brand new to the forum... I recently acquired a 128D and I've been working to physically clean it up. I removed all of the keys and cleaned everything. Everything looks and feels great now except ONE key (the "< ," key) is sticking! Basically, you push it down and it stays down unless you "flick" it or pry it up. Now the odd thing here is that I tried putting a different key onto that space and it worked fine, so my guess is that it's the key itself, but... I've cleaned it, I've scraped the inside with an X-acto knife and I've tried lubricating it, but it is still giving me trouble...

Could it have something to do with the little plastic "plunger" in the middle??? Should I try shaving a bit of that off???

Any suggestions would be most helpful. I picked this system up from a moving sale and it runs great. Repairs were solely cosmetic.

Thanks!

~Scott

If it is bent (and that makes sense), do you think the plastic will respond to re-bending? Will I have to heat it or something or do I need to invest in a replacement key???

Back